PG Music Home
I've been looking at the new features and all for 2022 (I have 2021). Haven't seen anything definitive about using BIAB for sets in live performance.

One of the things a lot of similar posts in the requests forum miss is that it's great to have the full BIAB running on stage so if you're doing a song other musicians aren't as familiar with a particular song (say they're sitting in and a song is requested they don't know but the rest of the band does) the chords can be seen and followed.

And me, of failing memory, would love to see the chords while doing a solo for songs I've more recently learned.

So that is the main reason I would love to use BIAB in a live context - but until building a set list with it is feasible, it's a no go.
There is the Jukebox feature, which is shown in the manual here: https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbm2022full/chapter5.htm#the-jukebox

If you have ideas on how it could be improved we suggest posting in the wishlist forums: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=3
Originally Posted By: HardwireSpeers
I've been looking at the new features and all for 2022 (I have 2021). Haven't seen anything definitive about using BIAB for sets in live performance.

One of the things a lot of similar posts in the requests forum miss is that it's great to have the full BIAB running on stage so if you're doing a song other musicians aren't as familiar with a particular song (say they're sitting in and a song is requested they don't know but the rest of the band does) the chords can be seen and followed.

And me, of failing memory, would love to see the chords while doing a solo for songs I've more recently learned.

So that is the main reason I would love to use BIAB in a live context - but until building a set list with it is feasible, it's a no go.

What you can do is create a folder of songs that you like, and in the SongPicker you could assign the home folder temporarily to that folder as well! But this may not be the easiest option for live play.
Thanks for the responses Chantelle and Ember - appreciate you taking the time.

Unfortunately neither of those actually works well for sets of music. The jukebox could do it if you're just playing one song right into the next without real pauses. But it is the closest to being functional.

I and quite a few other people have made a lot of suggestions in the wishlist to get a way to use BIAB in a live situation comfortably.

Most people just render the tracks and load those into a program to run set lists, and I've certainly done that. But if I have other musicians along - say a bass player - on sets that I usually do solo, its nice to turn off the bass track. If I have a bass and drummer but want keyboards, horns etc (I play guitar) then I'd like to turn off the drums and bass. I don't want to create multiple version of rendered songs for every possible situation. If I have a few people who play solos (ie keyboard or horn) then I'd like to up the number of repeats on a song to give the solo time.

There's such a great opportunity for using the program live, but it just falls a bit short.

Abelton Live so far seems the best for what I want to do, but even that has limitations.
© PG Music Forums