PG Music Home
This video covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches. Please let us know if you have any questions!

https://youtu.be/32uJtkwqWCs
Thanks for this helpful video, Chantelle. I wish it were as simple as you make it look.

My Mio interface is recognized by BIAB in the Midi ports, by the Big Piano and even in the Audio Levels meter. But I have the hardest time in getting any real audible sounds.

When they do come in they're very faint.

Any tips for how to improve the volume levels? I've played around with the volume lever in the Mixer but the results are still unsatisfactory.

Thanks!

Barbara
Originally Posted By: OZ910

My Mio interface is recognized by BIAB in the Midi ports, by the Big Piano and even in the Audio Levels meter. But I have the hardest time in getting any real audible sounds.

When they do come in they're very faint.

Any tips for how to improve the volume levels? I've played around with the volume lever in the Mixer but the results are still unsatisfactory.

Are other MIDI tracks, such as ones generated by Band-in-a-Box also very quiet? Is the Pan fader on your Thru track set to 0?
This video is slightly misleading in that it makes the whole procedure seem shorter & simpler than it actually is. For example, it completely omits the very necessary steps that have to have been completed within the "Audio/Midi" utility application, right after connecting the external device, before one even opens up BBox itself.
As for the low level of audible sound issue, that could just as well be something to do with the audio input level adjustments of the external device as anything to do with midi (as presumed by the above response).
Appreciate your response, Icelander. Returning months later to tackle BIAB and try to record, I'm now getting the error message: There was an error converting ...... Wav. to Wav format. The error is 1718449215

Any thoughts what this could be about?
Honestly have no idea, sorry to say
© PG Music Forums