Processor 3.7 GHz 6-core Intel i5
32GB memory
Radeon Pro Pro 580X 8 GB

Biab for Macintosh Version 2022 (605)
64 bit

Using default audio

I have never made it through creating one song

Anyone else had the same problem?
Not nearly enough info. You certainly have a Mac capable of running any recent version of BIAB without a problem. Do you have crash reports to send to PGM Support?

Under System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Access, have you let BIAB access the microphone? If not, do so.
Hi Mike,

No I haven't allowed access to the microphone as I had a bad situation once.
I was recording an important vocal for a Pro music friend and I had accidentally left the input pointing to the inbuilt microphone.
When he got the recordings back he said it sounded as though I was singing through a telephone.
He hasn't asked me again!

Actually since downloading the final updates for Catalina it appears to behaving itself.

Are other versions said to be more stable e.g. Big Sur or Monterey?
Quote:
No I haven't allowed access to the microphone as I had a bad situation once.

Many apps do not work at all if you do not allow access to the microphone. You do not have to specify the mic as your input source, however, and if you don't the problem you describe cannot occur. Big difference.
Ok thanks I'll give that a try although since upgrading to BIAB 609 I have started having total crashes without any crash reports being generated. Wondering if I should have gone for the Windows version now
Originally Posted By: zigguratvertigo
Ok thanks I'll give that a try although since upgrading to BIAB 609 I have started having total crashes without any crash reports being generated. Wondering if I should have gone for the Windows version now

No, you should figure out what's wrong. PG Music has support and there are many here who know what we are doing. Build 609 is quite stable. The Activity Monitor is often your best friend.
© PG Music Forums