PG Music Home
are there any issues?
Since macOS Ventura was only just recently released, we are currently in the middle of testing Band-in-a-Box 2022 on this OS. So far testing has been going well. But at the moment, the 2022 version is officially compatible up to macOS Monterey.
No problems with my version whatsoever
Everything seems to be working fine for me on Ventura.
The main program works fine, but the DAW plugin does not work.
Correction, sort of: The DAW plugin seems to work fine with Reaper.
The DAW plugin does not work properly. It fails to generate tracks. :-(
(Version 4.8.7 Native Silicon)
Originally Posted By: cataloger1
Correction, sort of: The DAW plugin seems to work fine with Reaper.

but not with Logic Pro X frown
The DAW plugin fails to generate tracks on GarageBand.
CORRECTION: The DAW plugin does not generate in Logic or GarageBand. Ventura 13.0.1 BiaB 609

My 2021 for Mac AudioPhile DAW plug in doesn't load Tracks.
Bummer...

I wonder if I can load tracks into Logic 10.7.5 from the app, which works fine for me?
I'll have to see what I can do without a DAW Plug in...

Hope this is fixed soon, thanks!
IF you run the standalone plugin version (located in Band-in-a-Box | BBPlugin | Files) can you generate tracks? And can you then drag these tracks into your DAW? Also test to see if it makes a difference if the Saved Tracks folder is set to your internal Mac HD instead of the external USB drive.
I tried this, it still doesn't generate tracks. Saved Tracks folder is set to internal Mac HD

Ventura 13.0.1 BiaB 609
Quote:
I tried this, it still doesn't generate tracks. Saved Tracks folder is set to internal Mac HD

Ventura 13.0.1 BiaB 609

I tested this on an M1 machine with Ventura, and can duplicate this problem. This is only an issue with the native silicon version of the plugin for some reason. There is a workaround until we can figure out what happened on Ventura. The following patch is the same as the latest Band-in-a-Box build 609 patch, except that it includes DAW Plugin build 4.6.15, which runs under Rosetta 2 and works on Ventura.

Download Build 609 and DAW Plugin 4.6.15:
https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/mpatch/bb2022_mac_update_build609_dawplugin_4.6.15.pkg
Thanks Andrew, All working as it should be now.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Quote:

Ventura 13.0.1 BiaB 609

I tested this on an M1 machine with Ventura, and can duplicate this problem. This is only an issue with the native silicon version of the plugin for some reason. There is a workaround until we can figure out what happened on Ventura. The following patch is the same as the latest Band-in-a-Box build 609 patch, except that it includes DAW Plugin build 4.6.15, which runs under Rosetta 2 and works on Ventura.

Download Build 609 and DAW Plugin 4.6.15:
https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/mpatch/bb2022_mac_update_build609_dawplugin_4.6.15.pkg

I have installed the patch. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me frown
(M1 Mac mini - Ventura 13.0.1)
You need to run the stand alone plugin. It is in your main BiaB folder - BBPlugin_4.6.15
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
You need to run the stand alone plugin. It is in your main BiaB folder - BBPlugin_4.6.15

Thanks. It actually works as a standalone plugin. However, inside Logic Pro X 10.7.5, unfortunately still not. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Regards
Hi, it does work in Logic, that's the first thing I checked. It will not work if you open the plugin from within Logic though. Open Logic, then manually open the plugin from within the BiaB plugin folder. Generate and drag as per usual.

I added the new standalone plugin to my dock to make things easier until this is fixed by PG Music.
Confirm that the version of the plugin you have open in Logic is 4.6.15.

I edited my post so that it has a link to a patch that specifically installs build 609 with plugin version 4.6.15.
Time goes by, plugin update is still not available. Until BiaB 2022 works properly, don't count on me buying the 2023 version.
Originally Posted By: Macbor
Time goes by, plugin update is still not available. Until BiaB 2022 works properly, don't count on me buying the 2023 version.

Yea… You keep posting that. Really, we know. BTW, that's not quite how it works.

None of us are likely to buy the next version until its compatible with the current MacOS. If 2023 goes like most, development has been going on for a few months already. The beta testers will see it sometime between February and August—yea, it varies that much. The general release will then follow.

PG Music often releases fixes for the previous version after the next one ships. Will the 2022 plug-in be compatible with Ventura? Probably but none of us know for certain.

Meanwhile, exporting BIAB 2022 tracks and importing into a DAW does work over Ventura. Now. Really.
© PG Music Forums