PG Music Home
If, like me, you don't like the way the BIAB icon sticks out like a sore thumb on the Mac docking bar, you can actually replace it with your own. Once you've designed your own icon, here are some very simple instructions for replacing the icon, which I can confirm works nicely (once you realise that you need to drag the new icon image onto the icon at the TOP of the Get Info panel, not the big "preview" image further down)...

After pulling up Finder > Applications, find the app you'd like to change the icon for. Right click and select Get Info or use the keyboard shortcut command + I. Now just drag the new image you want to use on top of the existing icon (you can also copy the new image then paste it onto the existing icon).

To get the icon to change in the Dock, you'll need to remove the app from the Dock then put it back again.

If you want the icon to look roughly the same as all your other Mac icons, you need to create the image itself as a 510x510 pixel square (I've kept it with the BIAB logo for mine), then use some image-editing magic to round the corners off (a 100 pixel radius is about right), then put the finished image onto a 640x640 pixel transparent background, then save the whole thing as a png image. This is what you can then drop onto the application icon. You don't have to create it at the size that I've suggested here, but keep it square. Took me about 30 mins.

If I had the slightest idea how to attach the icon I created to this post, I would do, so you could use the one I created, but I don't frown
Thanks for the tip, that's a good een
What's old is new again. I think this was introduced in 1984 with the Macintosh 128 or 1985 with the Macintosh 512. I know it was old hat in 1986 with the Mac Plus. People would trade flopies with icons or use ResEdit to design/customize their own. I still use a couple of folder icons that I designed on my Mac Plus and colorized later in System 7.
thanks-- I do hate the BIAB icon. Do you have an image your are using that is better? Can you share it?
What is the problem with the icon - is it that the left edges aren't rounded?
Its larger than all of the others on a Mac dock and it looks out of place.
I see, so if we made it smaller and rounded all edges then it would be acceptable?
Yes that would work for me. Sometimes the little things make a big difference.
Exactly smile smile smile
© PG Music Forums