PG Music Home
Posted By: Tw-jazz Melody Return for Last Chorus?? - 12/24/22 01:35 PM
I’m new to BIAB (mac), and I’ve been watching tutorials and reading the forum, but not finding my solution.

I entered changes to a song, added a melody (using notation) which is played by a midi trumpet on the melody track. I want the melody to play on the first chorus and last (of 7 choruses) only.

I have a Real Track soloist playing for choruses 2 thru 6, but the melody is not coming back in for chorus 7. Is there an easy way to have the melody return for the last chorus?

I’d like to be able to change the number of choruses, and have the melody repeat for the LAST chorus regardless of the number of choruses.

I notice that I had three choruses set for the song when I entered the melody notation, and it appears to have added 3 choruses of the melody (I didn't intend this and do not want this, but can mute for chorus 2 and 3 as a workaround.)

Do I need to add in the notation of the melody for the last chorus? If so, this doesn’t seem like a very convenient way to achieve this.

All guidance is appreciated.
Thank you -
- Tw
There are multiple different ways to do this which you've probably found.

You could use Melody menu | Edit Melody Track | Form | Copy 1st Chorus to All Song (command+shift_Z). Then, from the same submenu, Kill Melody from Middle Choruses.

Note also that when you change the number of choruses in your song Band-in-a-Box does automatically adjust copy the melody if you answer Yes to the "Adjust Melody track" question.

Bar settings (mute / back to normal) (F5 at current bar) can be helpful as well.
© PG Music Forums