PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike The Beatles as songwriters - 06/02/23 07:24 PM
https://americansongwriter.com/what-made-the-beatles-successful-songwriters/
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Beatles as songwriters - 06/02/23 11:42 PM
A great article. Yes, synergy and the ability to take criticism were considered valuable 'tools' in their creativity process.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Beatles as songwriters - 06/03/23 09:31 AM
So many people these days can't take constructive criticism and advice. It's one of the main reasons I have pulled out of some of the musical collaborative efforts I've entered into in the past.

You gotta be able to give and take advice and comments from your partners to get the results you're looking for out of the partnership..... Or else why bother?

The Beatles are among the best examples of being able to work with others so that the end result.... The sum, if you will, is greater than the parts.

Posted By: Notes Norton Re: The Beatles as songwriters - 06/03/23 10:31 AM
And one must not forget the contributions of George Martin. Today, he would get songwriter credits for a lot of his contributions. It often took that third person to take that inspiration into something listenable. George loved J.S.Bach, and I can hear that in some of their works. I heard the first take of John Lennon singing and playing "I Am The Walrus" and I wouldn't have bought that, but the end product is one of my favorites.

This is not to take anything away from Lennon, McCartney and Harrison as songwriters, it just adds one more collaborator to the mix.

My favorite from them? The Abbey Road Medley.

Notes ♫
Posted By: sslechta Re: The Beatles as songwriters - 06/03/23 03:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
My favorite from them? The Abbey Road Medley.

Same for me...
© PG Music Forums