PG Music Home
Since Synthmaster Player is included as part of BIAB...

I was wondering if anyone is using it...???

And, if so, have you bought expansion packs - and are there any you particularly like?

They are currently running a "9 for 1" sale ($19)

https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterexpansions.aspx?referrer=ymlp&couponcode=NINEFORONE

(There has not been a lot - or ANY - discussion of Synthmaster. So...anyone???)
FJ, I am embarrassed to say I got nothin... crazy
Floyd, a number of years ago I purchased the Synthmaster Everything Bundle. Since then I have received free updates and every expansion pack they have. I use Synthmaster 2 and also Synthmaster One (not included in the bundle) in a number of my songs. Synthmaster 2 has a ton of patches available via expansions and all are tweakable in the full version, but not in the player.

I do not use any VSTis in BiaB so I can't comment on that.
They have everything in one for under $30. That is almost a no brainer deal if you use this synth. I'll have to check it out because to be honest, I didn't know it even existed let alone that it's in BB

EDIT: When you go to checkout the price magically changes to full retail.... OUCH! But that's on the full everything pack. Apparently... it's a 9 for 1 sale only but it's a very specific EDM/Trance/Synth based sound set. Not a lot for the country musician to use.

My buddy Barry went and bought it after seeing the free one (included in BiaB) when it showed up in my Kontakt Komplete player.
So yeah we use it and find it to be pretty dang good value, including when you pay for it (you get more stuff that way).
It's one of those hidden PGMusic included Gems for many of us.
+1 for what Mario said. The Everything Bundle is just a gift that keeps on giving and giving---including a free update to SynthMaster3, when available. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in v2 of SynthMaster One when/if the time comes. The synths sound great and both (SM2 and SM One) are extremely capable, get feature updates, sound good, plugin and standalone versions, and they respect your CPU. KV331 "factory" presets are usable in the Player versions (free and/or paid). You can tweak them using provided macro knobs and XY-pads but you can't save the the tweaked versions (unless you use the desperation method of recording the controller tweaks via MIDI-learn into a DAW automation lane). Third-party expansions (like the free ones at VSTbuzz and SonicSirius) don't work in either version of the Player, only in SM2 and SM One. Come to think of it, I can't say whether the SynthMaster cloud-based user patches (available directly in SM2) work in the Players---never though to try it out. Customer service has been generally good and a lot of questions get answered in their facebook group.

I confess to stupidly often calling up the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams" patch when I run SM2.

Paj
8^)

I purchased a full Player license years ago. I'm a user of presets, not a tweaker of presets. I found 9 banks that were interesting to me, so I took advantage of this offer. Installing now. I bought:

Nori Ubukata Historic Synth Giants Volume 1 (mac/win)
Nori Ubukata Historic Synth Giants Volume 2 (mac/win)
Nori Ubukata Historic Synth Giants Volume 3 (mac/win)
Nori Ubukata Historic Synth Giants Volume 4 (mac/win)
Nori Ubukata Art Rock Basics (mac/win)
Dawn of Electronic Music Volume 1 (mac/win)
Dawn of Electronic Music Volume 2 (mac/win)
Dawn of Electronic Music Volume 3 (mac/win)
Michael Kastrup Expansion (mac/win)
© PG Music Forums