PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD color blind dark mode issue [Resolved] - 10/14/23 01:42 PM
I like to use the dark mode, however I am partially color blind and I'm having difficulty seeing what folders I have already viewed verses what folders I haven't viewed. I am also having difficulty seeing if I am left a message on said folder., i.e. the little circle. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? If others are having problems can PGM change the colors, maybe like the dark and lite colors on the main page? If it is only me I can go back to the white mode.

Thanx in advance for your time.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/14/23 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
I like to use the dark mode, however I am partially color blind and I'm having difficulty seeing what folders I have already viewed verses what folders I haven't viewed. I am also having difficulty seeing if I am left a message on said folder., i.e. the little circle. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? If others are having problems can PGM change the colors, maybe like the dark and lite colors on the main page? If it is only me I can go back to the white mode.

Thanx in advance for your time.
I'm not color blind but I too am having a lot of trouble with this in dark mode. Having two colors, yellow and white, that are so close to indicate a difference is not good. Please make one white and one dark blue or red or something with a lot more contrast!
Posted By: DrDan Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/14/23 10:10 PM
OK, I give. Where do I find this option to use Dark Mode? It must be hidden really well.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/14/23 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by MusicStudent
OK, I give. Where do I find this option to use Dark Mode? It must be hidden really well.

It's on the 'Dark' side, Dan grin
Click on your account name at the top right, select Preferences, and navigate from there:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-10-15_9-27-19.jpg
Attached picture 2023-10-15_9-28-17.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/14/23 11:13 PM
Thanks, apparently hiding in plain site.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 05:59 PM
I switched back to light mode as the contrast between yellow and white seems a little better.
Posted By: musocity Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 08:38 PM
Can you adjust the contrast etc.. in the video card properties ? ore if you use Firefox there maybe an extension to change page colors.

Color Blind Glasses, all the videos I've seen show amazing results https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Color+Blind+Glasses
https://enchroma.com
https://pilestone.com/

or PG could change the tone a bit on these
newposts.gif
[Linked Image]

nonewposts.gif
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MarioD Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by musocity
Can you adjust the contrast etc.. in the video card properties ? ore if you use Firefox there maybe an extension to change page colors.

Color Blind Glasses, all the videos I've seen show amazing results https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Color+Blind+Glasses
https://enchroma.com
https://pilestone.com/

or PG could change the tone a bit on these
newposts.gif
[Linked Image]

nonewposts.gif
[Linked Image]

Thanx for the info. I have looked at those glasses but according to my eye doc they probably wouldn't work for me. Plus I am in trifocals and the cost for those glasses would be sky high.

I have played with brightness and such but it is a pain the may be avoided if PGM could change their scheme. I have other sites on dark mode with no problems.
Posted By: musocity Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 09:34 PM
I changed these a bit, see if that helps

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached picture newposts-2.gif
Attached picture nonewposts-2.gif
Posted By: musocity Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 10:22 PM
I have looked at those glasses but according to my eye doc they probably wouldn't work for me. Plus I am in trifocals and the cost for those glasses would be sky high.
He should have them there for you to try as docs are not always right, and you should be able to have the lenses that clip on your existing glasses and can flip up or down like sunglasses.
Posted By: MarioD Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/15/23 11:01 PM
Ya, I know about Docs. About 20 years ago if I had listened to my Doc I would have died; he said I didn't need a colonoscopy because I was very active and took vitamins even though I was 57 years old. I got one anyway and they caught the cancer just as it was starting to go through my colon wall. I dumped him ASAP after that.

But my eye Doc gave me the color blindness test and it showed that all three cones overlapped so much that those glasses wouldn't work. I took his word for it and in one of the videos in your message said the identical thing.

It is not those icons I am having a problem. It is the folder icons as I show in this picture:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture folders.jpg
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/16/23 05:24 PM
It is not those icons I am having a problem. It is the folder icons as I show in this picture:

Thanks for clarifying. We'll make the difference more obvious for the next revision.
Posted By: MarioD Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/16/23 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music

Thanks for clarifying. We'll make the difference more obvious for the next revision.

Thanx so much Andrew. Another example of the outstanding customer service from PGM.
Posted By: musocity Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/16/23 08:09 PM
You should be able to make another dark theme (Dark High Contrast) from that one and just change those icons, so in prefes you select what looks best.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/16/23 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by MusicStudent
Thanks, apparently hiding in plain site.
Often, the best way to hide somethng laugh
Posted By: MarioD Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/26/23 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music

Thanx so much Andrew. This is much better, i.e. no problem seeing things now!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/27/23 01:51 AM
Definitely much easier to identify now. Thanks also Andrew.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/27/23 12:06 PM
Not sure if this monitor or similar would be helpful.
If so, it would help beyond how this forum is configured and be useful for all your computer work.

https://wearecolorblind.com/resources/benq-bl2480t-with-colour-weakness-mode/
Posted By: MarioD Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/27/23 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Not sure if this monitor or similar would be helpful.
If so, it would help beyond how this forum is configured and be useful for all your computer work.

https://wearecolorblind.com/resources/benq-bl2480t-with-colour-weakness-mode/

Thanx for this suggestion Steve but I do photography also. My photographic program, On 1 Photo Raw, automatically corrects my color photos for me. My son has a graphic arts degree and has verified that On 1 Photo Raw accurately corrects my photos if needed. Getting a monitor like this one may look OK to me but my pictures probably would not look realistic to others.

Thanx anyway for the research and suggestion, I appreciate it.

PS - Music is my #1 hobby while photography is my #2. But since my wife has some health issues photography has taken a big hit, i.e. I can't get out like I used to get out.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: color blind dark mode issue - 10/27/23 02:12 PM
Getting a monitor like this one may look OK to me but my pictures probably would not look realistic to others.
Got it.
It sounds like you are on top of the latest tech offerings. Stay up to date, if you blink there is a new whiz-bang device out there.
All the best.

PS> Thanks for sharing your Dr. experience. I tell people what Reagan said . . . Trust but verify.
© PG Music Forums