PG Music Home
This is a composition of mine designed to blow the winter winds away, which we've had far too much of in the UK!
Scene: A very warm Spring day, you stretch out in the shade under a tree and watch the dappled sunlight through the leaves above as your thoughts drift away...
Alan wields his Strat in brilliant fashion on verses one and three, and I play verse two. We add fills behind each other's main parts.
We hope you enjoy it.
'Beneath The Trees'.
Wonderful.

Don S.
Skyline,

Very nicely done! Good job.

Bob
Skyline-

Beautifully done in every way. Only wish there were a little reverb on the piano (which reminds me of America's "Daisy Jane" from a few decades ago).

George
Nice song guys... somewhat "EAGLES-esque"
I kept waiting for Don Henley to start singing
Great job, very good tune. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Wonderfully Tranquil. Love it.
Well done guys.

Regards
michee
Kudos guys on a job well done.

Later,
Very nice.
Steve
It’s all been said. Super song and chops.

Four thumbs up – two for each of you!
As usual, a great listen! Nice, expressive playing from both of you.....keep it going. Joe G
Very nice song. Very well produced.

Listen To My Music
Read My Blog
Its a really nice tune the only criticism is the drums for me it was a bit to "hard" for such a tranquil and melodic song.In my ear I could hear in part of that song a nice string section but was impressed with it overall Cheers Frankie
Hi Alan & John,

It's all been said. This is a really well written, well performed and well produced song. There's nothing I would change. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks everyone for the generous comments. We enjoyed putting it together and it's doubly worthwhile when it's enjoyed by our friends here.
John
This is a really pro-sounding and well worked instrumental. I would love to hear a 'vocals-added' version, so that the melody comes through more. I agree that perhaps for some of the time we could have a rimshot instead of that snare - also not sure about that ethereal patch that kicks in at 1:11.

well done guys..
Wow! What else can I say? Alan that bell like sound of your Strat is awesome. Sounds like you put on a new set of strings for this one.

John your guitar work fit in there perfectly. I liked the way the two of you wound in and out of each other. The mix was great. Good on ya Mateys.
Nice surprise. The intro visual I got was that of wintery. Then, you kicked in with the drums and it lightened up the mood to feel more like a brighter day. I like the variety of guitar tone choices especially in defining the verses. I like it very much. Being a guitar instrumentalist I can appreciate the thought you are trying to visualize where vocalist would do with their lyrics and voice.

Very nice,
RickeG
Hi Alan and John,
I think it worked a treat as today is a beautiful Spring day. A very enjoyable composition and professionally performed. It is going on my ipod. Thanks.
Jim
© PG Music Forums