PG Music Home
Love it or hate it ChatGPT is the most incredible tool if you give it a chance. My www.playiit.com database now has over 1700 songs on it (including 380 BIAB SGU files). I decided I wanted to add the "Decade" to the database so that people can search for songs by decade.

You can imagine how long it would take to manually research and update a database of over 1700 records. I just fed ChatGPT a list of the songs and artists, asked for the decade and presto, there you have it. The whole exercise took about two hours.

You gotta love technology!
I would think the results from that should be reasonably accurate, too, as presumably there's a fair bit of consistent data available for that. Did you sanity check some of the results? I'm pretty convinced that if it doesn't know the right answer it sometimes makes up an answer, as it's done that for me more than once.

Edit: Or it just finds a wrong answer somewhere, but I'm pretty sure at least one answer I received was fabricated ... It was writing song lyrics, but in a reconstructed proto language and when I asked for an explanation of the lyrics it had created, the answer sounded informed but was largely complete nonsense.
Hi Gordon
Yes, ChatGPTdoes tend to hallucinate quite a bit. I discovered this when I tried to develop a Bridge (card game) app. It simply got some answers wrong. I decided that it didn't know how to play bridge (yet)!

Interestingly, in this exercise, it did say "Unknown" when it did not know an answer (for example on my own original songs). It does seems to have done a fairly good job and I can sometimes rely on people to give me corrections where it is wrong.
I am also using Chat GPT image generator for the background of my play-along videos.I just feed the image generator the lyrics of the song I am making a play-along video for and it generates a suitable image. I used to get my images from Pixabay but now I can generate images that perfectly match the lyrics.
A friend of mine who owns several IT companies used it to create a book about enforcement of certain IT requirements for health care privacy in medical facilities. He fed ChatGPT the sources he wanted … scores of vetted articles. The result was 30,000 words including many, many specific references from his sources laid out in typical research fashion. He read it three times and found zero issues other than a few very slight changes to suit the way he would have stated it. He said that it would’ve been fine w/o those minor edits. I was impressed. Obviously his feeding it the sources he wanted used greatly increased the probability of an excellent outcome.
That is an amazing story Bud! Absolutely fantastic.
So how did that help HIM with writers block? He didn't write anything.
Originally Posted by eddie1261
So how did that help HIM with writers block? He didn't write anything.
The post wasn’t about writers block!
Originally Posted by JoanneCooper
.... it didn't know how to play bridge (yet)!

Interestingly, in this exercise, it did say "Unknown" when it did not know an answer (for example on my own original songs). It does seems to have done a fairly good job and I can sometimes rely on people to give me corrections where it is wrong.
Bridge: Aye ... yet.

"Unknown" is probably good, especially as some songs have diverse histories.
Regarding errors and corrections", realistically that would undoubtedly have happened anyway if you'd researched the yourself. You can be pretty sure that at least some sources would have wrong dates.

Off topic-ish. ... Recently I was asked to research a particular artists work, identify it, locate it, find current owner if acceptable and so on. Your search has made me wonder if an A.I. engine might be able to help with that. That said, I'm not sure I want to get dragged in to that kind of activity anyway.
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
Off topic-ish. ... Recently I was asked to research a particular artists work, identify it, locate it, find current owner if acceptable and so on. Your search has made me wonder if an A.I. engine might be able to help with that. That said, I'm not sure I want to get dragged in to that kind of activity anyway.
Yes.

Neural networks are classifiers. So an AI engine could be trained on works of art, and then given a new work of art, classify where that artwork was relative to other artists.

Of course, there's plenty of room for error - a particular artist might not be in the database, or maybe this particular work has more in common with other works the AI was trained on.

But it's certainly within the scope of what a neural network can do.

Give it a try! Nothing ventured nothing gained.

You may have to try a different generative ai for the current owner as chat gpt is not always trained on the latest data. I think google’s Gemini is trained on the latest. If you do give it a try, let us know what you think.
Originally Posted by JoanneCooper

Give it a try! Nothing ventured nothing gained.

You may have to try a different generative ai for the current owner as chat gpt is not always trained on the latest data. I think google’s Gemini is trained on the latest. If you do give it a try, let us know what you think.
But in this case, if I venture, all I personally gain is another task I don't really need. laugh frown
© PG Music Forums