PG Music Home
Posted By: CloClo Where to post BIAB Arrangements ? - 03/18/10 08:40 PM
I made some arrangements and record myself, like many others did in the past.

Where can I post my MP3 files . I tried myspace, but it seems to be avoided because
of copyright problems, because I am not the composer, only the musician.

So are there some other places to present some Duke Ellington tunes for instance ?

Once done, which section of the PGmusic forum is the best place to put the links of these tunes ?

THanks

Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Where to post BIAB Arrangements ? - 03/18/10 08:49 PM
Hey CloClo,

I've been asking for this for a very long time. It would be great to have a place on the forums to post your work, for others to learn by and share. However, there are many people here who don't want problems with Copyright issues, so this hasn't yet happened.

Just a question.....couldn't there be a disclaimer where you check a box saying the tunes are for educational use only? It seems to me there should be a way for PG users to collaborate without the hassles of breaking some obscure copyright law.

Hold on, let me put on my Flack Jacket..........OK, fire away.

Ed
Posted By: rharv Re: Where to post BIAB Arrangements ? - 03/18/10 10:26 PM
In a situation like this, I feel in my heart that it is an eduactional use IF it is done to show others how someone accomplished something (thus educational). The use of BiaB file formats would help support this. However .. there is a real fear of the RIAA and other orginizations that make it not worth the risk.

I did a CD with/for someone on this sight. I say it that way because I added tracks and did a little more than just mastering it. We used realtracks and RB/BiaB a lot since it was a common tool we shared. The artist got permission to record a popular song. Yet we did not have specific rights to post it on the internet, even as a 30 second sample in his sampler page. So we didn't. (I also built his web site) His rights were very defined. You can hear other songs on his site that are original or have proper permission, but we both decided it was not worth the risk in this case. The internet use was not specifically mentioned as 'not allowed' but rights were not granted due to the words used. We had no trouble agreeing on that.

© PG Music Forums