PG Music Home
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here in the forums is a member of the International Songwriters' Association and, if so, what their thoughts are on the organization. I read their webpage and it seems that ISA has a great deal to offer songwriters and has been doing so for 40+ years. I'm very impressed and tempted to join but thought it would be wise to ask around first.

The ISA url is...

http://www.songwriter.co.uk/

Thanks in advance,
Noel
Hello Noel,

I was a member over 30 years ago for a year or so (showing my age now) and it was ok. They sent a lot of details of places to send your song demos and such advice on how to songwrite and interviews with songwriters, also you could send a song to them and they would give their opinion on it as well as a paid demo service.

Seemed an honest enough outfit (actually here in Limerick Ireland)

If I remember correctly I let my membership lapse and they offered me continued membership at a low price as new members were being charged considerably more.

Not sure if they still offer all the above services.
Thanks Joe. That puts all my doubts to rest.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel,

I am a member and have nothing but good things to say about them.
You can have them hold your song/s for copyright purposes (free of charge)
You can get truly honest feedback on your song which can be soul squirmy (you have to send it on a CD or tape)
You can send your song (at a cost) to get professionally recorded and sung by an artist singalike (is that a word ) that you suggest.

Take the plunge, they are a good outfit.

Best regards
Michee
Hi Michee,

Thank you for passing on the information. It's good to know that everything is aboveboard. Like you suggest, I think I'll take the plunge.

All the best,
Noel
On a side note I would also join Just Plain Folks.. It's free.
Quote:

On a side note I would also join Just Plain Folks.. It's free.

Ed, I'm a member there, don't frequent it a lot, though. You must know something that I don't. I've never noticed any difference at that forum than at this forum. Maybe I've missed something. Has something changed?
Hi Noel,

I've been a member for about 15 years now, and I couldn't recommend them enough. They have been so helpful to me over the years, with advice on a wide variety of subjects. It was they who checked my song contracts for me and also put me in touch with an excellent music lawyer.
And as you probably know, they offer an extensive range of other services too.

Go for it Noel, you won't regret it!

Martin
© PG Music Forums