PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/18/11 06:11 PM
I bought an M-AUDIO OZONE midi/audio interface keyboard from a guy on Craig's list this weekend for $50.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOOZONE

I downloaded the latest drivers from M-AUDIOs web site and installed the correct driver for each operating system on wo different computers I use for music (XP-sp3 and WIN7x64)

now, at boot up BOTH computers generate an error dialog box. Title of the dialog is "TBIA"
Specific error is "The Data Is Invalid"

Any M-AUDIO gurus out there with advice? (the device seems to work on both computers in spite of the error message... at least the MIDI interface. Haven't tried it as an audio interface yet)
Posted By: silvertones Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/18/11 06:50 PM
Resolving the TBIA Error
Text size [-] [+]

Q: I get a TBIA error when installing or connecting my M-Audio USB interface.
A. This is an error caused by the M-Audio (or Avid) Taskbar Icon. This issue has been addressed by installer updates to the following devices.

Fast Track USB 6.0
Fast Track Pro USB 6.0
Fast Track Ultra 6.0.9
Fast Track Ultra 8R 6.0.9
ProFire 6.0.9
Axiom Pro 6.0.2
XPonent 6.0.2
Conectiv 6.0.3
Producer USB 6.0.4
Micro USB 6.0.3

Download the latest driver installer from www.m-audio.com/drivers. Running this new installer will automatically uninstall the old driver and install the newest and should resolve the TBIA error in the process.

Additional information:

We have also seen conflicts with the TBIA and other 3rd party software. If you continue to receive the TBIA error, disable any virtual audio devices created by applications. E.G. Virtual Audio Cable, TuneBite, Bluetooth Audio Device, Anvex Virtual Audio Device, Total Recorder WDM Audio Driver, Access Virus TI Snow (software component). If the problem remains, disable the M-Audio Taskbar Icon Application in the MSConfig Startup options.

Disabling the M-Audio Taskbar Icon Application in Windows XP:

1) Click on Start and then Run
2) Type "msconfig" and then click OK.
3) Click on Startup
4) Locate the M-Audio Taskbar Icon (or Avid Taskbar) and uncheck it
5) Click Apply and OK
6) The computer will need to restart to save these changes.

Once the Taskbar Icon is gone, you will need to launch the M-Audio control panel from the Windows control panel.

7) Go to sound, video, and game controllers in the device manager. (start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager).
8) Right-click on your M-Audio device and choose update driver.
9) Do not connect to Windows update, then choose to install from a list or specific location.
10) Next, choose Don't search I'll choose the driver, and on the following page you should be able to select the M-Audio driver.
11) When the driver is finished updating, check the M-Audio control panel again to see if it detects the device.

Disabling the M-Audio Taskbar Icon Application in Windows Vista/Windows 7:

1) Hold down the function key and press the letter R. This should bring up the Run Menu.
2) Type "msconfig" and then click OK.
3) Click on Startup
4) Locate the M-Audio Taskbar Icon (or Avid Taskbar) and uncheck it
5) Click Apply and OK
6) The computer will need to restart to save these changes.

Once the Taskbar Icon is gone, you will need to launch the M-Audio control panel from the Windows control panel.

7) Go to sound, video, and game controllers in the device manager (start/control panel/system/device manager).
8) Right-click on your M-Audio device and choose update driver.
9) Choose Browse My Computer.
10) Next, choose Let Me Pick From a List of Device Drivers, and on the following page you should be able to select the M-Audio driver.
11) When the driver is finished updating, check the M-Audio control panel again to see if it detects the device.

Drivers / Updates
Register Products
Dealer Locator
Free Newsletter

Other Avid Websites: Avid | M-Audio | Pinnacle | Sibelius | Euphonix
Copyright © 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.
Legal Notices | Privacy Policy | Careers | Site Map

Posted By: Pat Marr Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/18/11 11:23 PM
thanks john!
Posted By: Mac Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/19/11 12:51 AM
M-Audio has an excellent forum on their website where one of their own is there to answer problems. It doesn't look very active, don't let that fool you. Often a problem is already resolved, so it pays to bookmark and simply Search on that forum before posting a request, odds are good that whatever situation has already been resolved.

--Mac
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/19/11 12:58 AM
Quote:

M-Audio has an excellent forum on their website where one of their own is there to answer problems. It doesn't look very active, don't let that fool you. Often a problem is already resolved, so it pays to bookmark and simply Search on that forum before posting a request, odds are good that whatever situation has already been resolved.

--Mac

Good advice. I should have done that before I asked
Posted By: silvertones Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/19/11 12:58 PM
Pat,
I did it for you. Glad to help!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: M-AUDIO OZONE keyboard driver error - 09/20/11 12:23 AM
Quote:

Pat,
I did it for you. Glad to help!

Thanks again, John! You're one of the "helpin'est" guys I know!

Lately I seem to be more and more like the proverbial old dog... Can't focus, think straight, or learn new tricks.

Tracking down info is burdensome to me. By helping me out, you lifted a couple of bricks off my 2x4 (reference to another thread) and I greatly appreciate that! You are one of the pre-eminent value adders on the forum, helping all sorts of people in all sorts of ways, even when your own 2x4 was stacked full of bricks. That's a real testimony to who you are.
© PG Music Forums