PG Music Home
Hi,

I downloaded the realtracks 146 and installed fine into biab 2012. I put the name of the guitarist into google and the details came up after the website name,

"Carlos Eduardo Arellano web site,jazz guitar from Venezuela,guitarrista de jazz venezolano"

Is this the same guitarist I wonder who did the realtracks 146?

Now the worrying thing is if I click to go to the website I get the message

"caution! message from website your system contrains a number of suspicios programs click here to do a quick scan"

This message is not from my AVG antivirus.

Very strange as it seems like that website has been hijacked and it is trying to install some malicious software onto computers. I closed the message by using task manager.

musiclover
Yes, that is the same guitarist. He's a superb player.

Don't know about the website thing.
My Linux box reports nothing. No Script reports no scripts are trying to run.SOUNDS like something that may be IN YOUR machine. Trying to get you to redirect to a site and do scans and then poof!
yes I have watched his videos on youtube absolutely brilliant guitarist.

The message comes up even before the website loads.

Under no circumstances did I find it safe to click scan my computer or proceed further to the site.

musiclover
Quote:

My Linux box reports nothing. No Script reports no scripts are trying to run.SOUNDS like something that may be IN YOUR machine. Trying to get you to redirect to a site and do scans and then poof!

Well you are running linux John,

I'm 99.9% certain nothing in my windows 7 as I'm paranoid about security, just did a system scan yesterday and nothing there.

I'm just about to restore my acronis backup just to be on the safe side.

musiclover
Quote:

just did a system scan yesterday and nothing there.

That was then. This is now.

I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough? He said, half jokingly.
Those "worms" are pretty ingenious in slipping in on the backs of streaming web content. I got a couple while listening to songs on MySpace and SoundCloud. If you used task manager to end it and it doesn't re-appear when you re-boot, then you are "probably" not infected. McAfee could never trap those things. I have recently switched to Microsoft Essentials and Windows firewall (free) and I run the free MalwareBytes scan at least once a week.

Kevin
© PG Music Forums