PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 03:25 PM
new-comers may not recognize her name but she's a fixture on these forums. iirc, she lives in northern british columbia. i went to check for a midi file and it looks like she may have closed her wonderful site. does anyone have any details? is she well? i know that she had a period of ill health about a year ago. she's usually a beta tester. was she involved in testing 2012? alannah, please check in. you are dearly loved.
Posted By: Mac Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 04:05 PM
She's still kickin', Allanah participated again with the recent Beta testing of BiaB. And, as usual, submitted her customary very prolific and useful test results. She's a bugfinder. Very thorough IMO.

I think she's not getting into the open forums much anymore, there was some of that forum hashing/slashing awhile back that she did not appreciate and she said she was not going to participate anymore - and she hasn't.

But, judging by her beta test participation, I think I can safely say that Allanah is doing fine. She's still kickin' it.

--Mac
Posted By: seeker Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 04:06 PM
Don,

http://www.alisdair.com/gearsoftware/biablinks.html

Down the page a little bit.

Good luck !
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 04:47 PM
seeker, thank you. i had tracked her that far through the biab yahoo group but she had literally 1000s of midi files also. i remember that fellow biab user, bob leaman had sent her a dvd of midi files that were all beautifully cataloged. the best, most complete midi file compilation i have ever seen. it was cross-indexed several ways making it very easy to search. she also had a nice assortment of music-related tools and her own wonderful hunkavr (squeezebox) tunes.

mac, thanks for the update. glad to hear she's well.
Posted By: Glenn Kolot Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 07:00 PM
Quite a few years ago, we had PM's a few times. I believe she lives on Vancouver Island near/in a community called Cobble Hill - about a 3/4 hour drive from here (Victoria).

Used to have her address, and once located it on Google Earth. Just type in Cobble Hill BC.

Glenn
Posted By: rharv Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 08:42 PM
Allanah was indeed participating in beta on the recent release (as usual), and is still very active helping out. As Mac said, she went thru a tough time and has not returned.
I also miss her and wish her well.
I don't think the health issues were with her, but with her husband. I could be wrong. Either way she has been a significant contributor to BiaB and its users over the years.
I'd like to publicly thank her for that.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 09:55 PM
rharv, i'd like to add my sincere "thanks, allanah!" to that. she and her wonderful, knowledgeable advice are sorely missed.
Posted By: MarioD Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/02/12 09:59 PM
Quote:

rharv, i'd like to add my sincere "thanks, allanah!" to that. she and her wonderful, knowledgeable advice are sorely missed.

I'd like to add my thanks also!
Posted By: furry Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/03/12 12:05 PM
My thanks as well goes to her. I must have downloadd thousands of biab files from her website. Still going through them
Posted By: cchallum Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/03/12 12:46 PM
A big THANKS from me as well, Allanah!! I've greatly appreciated your Web site and your knowledge inputs to this whole process!!

Best wishes to you and yours for the best of New Years!!
Cecil
Posted By: DennisD Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/04/12 11:38 PM
Glad to hear that she is ok. I too accessed some of her prodigious files and made use of some of the files listed there. My thanks and appreciation for the time, effort, and hard work she did in compiling them.DennisD
Posted By: Danny C. Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALLANAH? - 01/04/12 11:50 PM
Just another Thank You Allanah.

Happy New Year,
© PG Music Forums