PG Music Home
Sometimes I just want to go to my computer and get a pitch quickly without using an instrument or starting BIAB or starting a browser to load Virtual Piano. Does anyone know of a simple pitch pipe program for Windows that loads quickly? Not an app - I have those for the iPhone. It could look like the piano keyboard in BIAB, although one octave would be sufficient.

The way I've been searching in Google takes me to iPhone or Android apps. I guess writing programs for a PC is old hat now.

Thanks.
Matt, there are plenty of guitar tuning websites that output pitch. Here's an online chromatic tuner:

http://www.onlinetunermetronome.com/preset/chromatic-tuner.html

Also, pocket tuners are so cheap these days, and many of them output tones as well.

Finally, there are downloadable chromatic tuners that run standalone. Perhaps when you searched you used 'pitch pipe' instead of 'chromatic tuner'? Use 'chromatic tuner PC' and you will find many potential programs to use.

-Scott
How about Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard?

Double click it and you can press whatever key you want. It also works nicely as a virtual keyboard for your various apps (using a virtual MIDI cable).
I use pianola or grand piano app. On an iPad.

Oops, read again and I see you Dont want an app.
Hi Matt:

I use Midi Piano Virtual Piano FREE

http://www.MidiPiano.net

I have it on the task bar so just one click and there you are.

Stan
Thanks for the ideas. Yes, I do not want an app and I do not not want an online solution (I'm not always where I can get online). I already have both. I just want a simple sounding tuner/piano/pitch pipe program for Windows that loads quickly when I need it. I wouldn't care if it only played one note, since I don't have perfect pitch but my relative pitch is spot on. I used to just pick up a phone to hear an A, but land-line phones are disappearing, too.

I'll look at your suggestions now.
Ah, we're good. John's Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard suggestion does the trick nicely. Loads right away, too. Thanks!
© PG Music Forums