PG Music Home
Youtube at around 3:40'ish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHGI92EolI&feature=player_embedded#!

Jimmy Bruno is one of the best jazz guitar players, period. He only recently started clinics to TEACH. I just stumbled on to this looking for something unrelated and thought I'd post for grins

It does NOT show off how well Jimmy plays - look elsewhere for that (or simply listen to his work)

Which reminds me: what is it with guitar players and the name Jimmy(or james/Jimi) it makes me wish my mother had named me Jimmy

I'm even from Johnstown PA where Joe Pass was raised and none of THAT rubbed off either

Larry
Quote:

I'm even from Johnstown PA where Joe Pass was raised and none of THAT rubbed off either

Larry

Larry,
I'm originally from Altoona.

I always thought central Pa was a good place to be from...
(as far from as possible)
For many years, Pat, I thought the name of that city meant that you couldn't find a menu anywhere with anything but All Tuna.
I forgot about Joe Negri!

edit
PS a mega-DITTO on the FAR from
How could any guitarist forget Joe Negri?

Or any of the other greats who are not named Jim?

Like Wes Montgomery, Pat Martino, Kenny Burrell, Tal Farlow, Johnny
Smith, Tuck Andress, pgmusic's own Oliver Gannon, Grant Green, oh heck, there's too many who aren't named James...

--Mac
I always started and stopped my list at a guy named Chet. I just loved the way he played and I thought he is still the best ever.
No argument about Chet, great player, all around nice guy, and someone who put a touch of jazz into country music

Back to original thought/find

I wonder how many OTHER musicians use BIAB as a TEACHING aid (excluding self taught)??

I've spotted BiaB in use at many music schools and other teaching environments all over the world.

There are also plenty of private instructors who use BiaB to create backing track CDs for their students.

--Mac
I've only recently become a BIAB-convert but ya know what puzzles me? Why is it that a lot more musicians and teachers are not using BIAB? I meet people who are making their living writing and performing and they've never heard of BIAB. How can that be?
© PG Music Forums