PG Music Home
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Changing video/audio to DVD? - 11/28/12 06:05 PM
I have WMV & MP4 video/audio which I would like to convert to DVD, as in a Sony DVD player from 8 years ago, also my Sony internet TV Box. What will I need to down load and which format supports DVD play back? Free is my first choice,but not the only choice. Computer to hardware by cable is not an option. The main thing I kneed to know is,what format supports DVD Thanks in advance. Leon
Posted By: DrDan Re: Changing video/audio to DVD? - 11/28/12 06:25 PM
Quote:

I have WMV & MP4 video/audio which I would like to convert to DVD, as in a Sony DVD player from 8 years ago, also my Sony internet TV Box. What will I need to down load and which format supports DVD play back? Free is my first choice,but not the only choice. Computer to hardware by cable is not an option. The main thing I kneed to know is,what format supports DVD Thanks in advance. Leon

OK, there are certianly DVD specific file formats and the conversions between all video formats is always possbile with good free converts (some will remember the name or it will come to me). But perhpas you should ask what formats does your DVD player support. My DVD will play WMV and MP4 files on a DVD disk.
Posted By: seeker Re: Changing video/audio to DVD? - 11/28/12 07:26 PM
google any video converter will
bring up free page. Works great, and you should
be able to burn dvd with it.
Get the freebie one...

If you decide to spend money email me, there is a
dynomite multi video/audio studio I purchased bout 3 weeks ago.
NO I dont sell them, just accidentally discovered it..

Good luck!
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: Changing video/audio to DVD? - 11/28/12 08:53 PM
Thanks for the swift replies jazzmandan and seeker. I will try to find the manual on the old sony recorder. In it's day,it was a very good choice. 3 input choices e.tc., but before usb,hdmi and the others. Panisonic had it's first HD in a DVD recorder, and I remember trying to decide which one to buy. Here they are in the order of decending age. 1.Sony DVD recorder, player RD7-GX7 2.Sony DVD player/VHS player&recorder 3. Sony TV Box NSZ-GT1. I guess I am one of those folks that like to to hold onto the past while living in the present I will report what I find,if anything. Leon
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: Changing video/audio to DVD? - 11/29/12 02:46 AM
I stopped at B__t B_y tonight and for $40.00 I can buy a DVD player with USB and it plays MP4,WMV and AVI. Sooo, Good Will will have one more relic player to add to thier collection. Leon
© PG Music Forums