PG Music Home
I've been asked to give an update on my health. The Mark Twain quote above sums it up perfectly, thanks Mark. I have too many wonderful blessings and exciting "haps" to exit stage left" just yet. I have but two rather simple requests: 1. To live long enough to sing again, and 2. To take all of you wonderful people with me when I go. Your combined positive thoughts and prayers have tremendous power so I petition them now, please.

I have a very serious viral infection lasting many weeks and draining my strength which has led to secondary infections that are pulling me down even more.

I sincerely appreciate the wonderful work that Bob (aka 90dB) has done on the joke topic so, I happily pass the baton over to his loving hand.

Now that I've sobbed and laid my heart out for all to see, I had better "exit stage left" or risk being thrown off. Knowing the Oyrish div'lment in me wee self, I may outlast y'all. Who or whom knows.

I have asked a dear friend to post when/if I do "exit stage left."
Bradda, you beta hang on. One thing for sure we gotta get a band together on the other side
St. Paddy's day is almost upon us and I'm praying your Irish eyes will be shining to celebrate Don.

Hang in there my friend.
Quote:

Your combined positive thoughts and prayers have tremendous power so I petition them now, please.

You better believe you're in my prayers (and have been)!

"You're like sunshine on a cloudy day" ((c) Smokey)

Not saying you're a girl, but otherwise I'd say that lyric fits you to a "T".

God Bless you, Don!!!
Don,

Your an amazing man to do the work you do on the forum.

Our prayers, few tears are with you for strength ahead.

Your a good man!
Don,

Keep looking up my friend to the One who promised to never leave or forsake us and to go with us until the end of the age.

The other Don
Hi, Don.

Thanks for posting! Hang in there... hopefully a solid recovery will kick in really soon. I'll be praying for you... And working on some way to get you some vocals!

-- David
Don,

You’re the only one on the forum besides me that knows who all of these outstanding and sometimes obscure flatpickers are. Most of these guys on the forum don’t even know who Tony Rice is! …… Much less David Grier, Bryan Sutton, Norman Blake and Russ Barenberg!

We have work to do brother. You don’t just know who they are, … you understand where they’re coming from.

Hang in there my friend. We need you around here.
Hi Don,
Hang in there good buddy, we'll all storm heaven to help get those bugs out of you.
Don, my old pal.

You're my role model and a constant source of inspiration - I've never met anyone with a more positive attitude to life. I really hope you're going to stick around to inspire me for a bit longer.

ROG.
Don, As someone else stated. "you are amazing" and I echo that!
I told you that you have been an inspiration to me, and you still are. You're up there in my thoughts & prayers........keep fighting that infection......continue to be "amazing!!"
Your Scottish friend, Joe G.
Don,

Don't you dare "take that exit". We have just begun to get acquainted...

You are in my thoughts.

floyd
Don,

all flesh is like the grass... it withers and fades away. And that includes all of us sooner or later.

In the time you've been granted on this planet, you have been a good friend, a good example, a good man. I hope that trend continues for a long time to come. But, when the time comes for it to end, I suspect you won't have many regrets. You've fought the fight, kept the faith, done unto others as you'd have them do unto you... and remained cheerful and positive in the face of your tribulation.

Like Paul and Silas singing from the depths of their prison cells, you have cultivated the will and attitude to sing from the depths of your own imprisonment. And when you finally do, I suspect it will be a song of praise, not of whining.

Thanks for your good friendship, good humour, good example and good memories. I only wish you enjoyed good health to go with it... but you will. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not (yet) seen"
Don,

No wee virus can harm a stout Irishman, don't you know? You have too many friends to go traipsin' off hither and thither!

Remember the motto (not “Up The Rebels!”) - but rather -

“Ná héirigh as choíche” - Never Give Up!

Your friend,

Bob
These are the days of the endless summer
These are the days, the time is now
There is no past, there's only future
There's only here, there's only now... Van Morrison

Get better Don.

Bob
Don, hang in there, you tough old bird! LOL! You really are a remarkable individual. Just fun to be around (even in the virtual world of forums).

All the best,
Mike
Don, my prayers are with you. Hang in there!
All the bestest, Don.

give them viruses hell

Alyn
Hey Don,

I was just outside me wee thatched cottage here in Ireland this moring and spotted one of the "little people" a leprechaun carrying his pot of gold off to place it at the end of the rainbow.

WIth one mighty swipe I had it off him, and I am now holding it to ransom unless he appers at the bottom of your bed and works his magic to get get rid of those viruses.

Gett well soon Don.

Musiclover
Maybe a wee bottle of Jameson or Bushmills would perk ye up! It's sure to kill any virus Don!
You are in my prayers also Don.
There is an additional request being added to the Dancing Chicken in the Prayer Basket here today.

Get Well, Don.

--Mac
You wonderful folks have me in "happy tears", as my nurse, Amy, calls them.

These are the thoughts that truly matter, not what's chiseled in my headstone.

Still absolutely no appetite, zilch, zero, nada. The mere thought of solid food literally makes me gag. That makes over a week sustaining myself on cappuccino. They weighed me yesterday out of concern and, wouldn't you know, I've actually gained! Dr. authorized "anything he wants to ease the symptoms but the bug simply must run it's course!" then added, "he'll eat when he gets hungry enough!" On last count, five patient friends have died from complications and pneumonia and eight others are hospitalized. Friends, this is a killer bug and it's reaching epidemic proportions in the region. Deaths being reported are attributed to influenza, duh!

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I actually feel stronger today but not enough to want to get in my power wheelchair and terrorize the octogenarian chicks quite yet. Chuckle.

See why I love this place?!
I'm of the same opinion as Tommyc, except I'm thinkin' Tully. It's magic.

So many good thoughts and good wishes and good songs and Big Damn Manly Hugs™ for you, Don. You are a joy on these forums, and it would indeed be grand for us all to get together and sing all night. Therefore, you better beat this stupid pack o' germs so we can hammer out the details, mmkay?
We are all pulling for you, Don.
from my Hight School Days...Hyde Park alumni: Steve Allan, Mel Torme, Herbie Hancock, Amelia Earhardt...GDaddy, "King of the Prom" in 1952...

Football Rant:

"Fight On, ol' Hyde Park,
Hyde Park Will Win,
Fight to the finish...never give in!

Come on, now you do your best boys,
We'll do the rest, boys...

Cheer for ol' Hyde Park High.

Preamble:
(For our 79% Jewish H.S.)

"Cheer for Aby
Cheer for
Sam...
They're the boys who eat no ham!
Cheer for ol' Hyde Park High....

and I'm here cheerin' you on Don....Forever Don!!!
Hang in there Don!

The joke thread definitely needs your tender touch now and again. I'm sure with the pace of technology these days we'll hear your dulcet vocal tones adorning some wonderful love songs yet!

Kevin
Say the word and I'll make some nice warm bouillion outta that chicken...
Hi Don,

You Irish are like us Scots we never give in.
So fight it min, jist dinna gie in

My prayers are for you Don

Regards
George
I'm half Irish and half Scot, so I really never give in!
Imagine that dancing boulillon?
Don,

I know already that you are a trooper and will fight your best to fend off that virus. But while you are rest assured that your many many friends here will be praying for you each and every day.

St. Paddy's coming soon . . . Irish Eyes Are Smiling will have new meaning for me this year.

Later,
My thoughts are with you too, Don. I hope your health improves soon.
Here's a little ditty to cheer you up and maybe help you relax a bit while we all continue to pray for your recovery Don.

It's by the Irish Tenors and it's a beautiful rendition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHSV8igDiEo When Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Simply beautiful, Josie! Yes, these are happy tears. Thank you so very much, dear lady and friend.

As I intimated earlier: Don't write my praises on me wee Oyrish headstone, please!
"Can I run it through me kidneys first?"

Old Wee Oyrish Joke...

--Mac
Don
Your humor and intellect have always brightened my day.
Here's some medicine guaranteed to cure what "ales" ya.

http://www.beer100.com/rodney.htm

Hang in there, buddy,
My thoughts and prayers are with ya.
Carkins
Carkins, I hope that rolling on the floor is good for my viruses cuz 'at's what you have me doin'. Thank you so much, my friend. My aide brought my lunch and wet herself while reading over my shoulder. Rodney tended to push the limits of censorship but nothing that would raise an eyebrow on prime time TV today. I would post it on the Joke Thread and see how many get through Canadian Customs.

Quote:

Your humor and intellect have always brightened my day.

That one adjective, when applied to an Oyrishan, blows your integrity clear outa the water!

Thanks for getting me "laughter tears" running doon me wee Oyrish leg.
Don, I just saw this on an Oyrish green T-shirt “You can’t drink all day if you don’t start first thing in the morning”! The tiny bit of Oyrish in me loved at! As did the majority Italian in me!
Me wee Canadian cousin, Helen, sharing me wee family name and cloymin' t'be Oyrish, sent me the cutest St. Pat's picture but in no stretch o' the imagination would it ever clear Canadian Customs.
Rodriguez...
Simon, I'm not really certain what that means in English, Canadian, Scot, Oyrish, Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Brit, German, or American but I will accept it in the loving tone that it was offered.

You've got porosdy, my friend.
Hi Don,
Sorry I'm so late to the party! Haven't I been telling you how everyone appreciates your zest for life and your appreciation for the lighter side of life? Even when things are not so easy for you, you still do everything in your power to brighten the day for everyone. You are one in a million and I do hope your health improves and you can get back into the swing of things soon. We are all pulling for you!

Your friend, Val
Don, pulling for you from iron country and the haunts of your youth!

Terry
Wow, Terry! So good to have you checking in with words of encouragement. I may have told you that my niece, Shelley Cantos, is a nurse at Hibbing Hospital. Would be osmosis if you two could meet up for a cuppa one day. Meanwhile, thanks for your kind words.

I was born on March 15th, '41 during perhaps the worst blizzard in Minnesota history (according to my Dad) so it may be a case of "In like a lion, out like a lamb!" for one tired and bent old Oyrishman.
Don, a lamb you'll never be... too much kickin' 'n screamin' I reckon. 'sides, when you're not done, then dammit, you're not done!

Prayin' for ya.
Quote:

Don, a lamb you'll never be... too much kickin' 'n screamin' I reckon. 'sides, when you're not done, then dammit, you're not done!

Prayin' for ya.

Jill Brown, a beautiful black nurse said: "God made us all from the same cookie dough and used the same cookie cutter!" I said: "That's very true but, occasionally He scorches a batch!"
© PG Music Forums