PG Music Home
Posted By: Sandra Sherman John Conley has died - 04/21/13 06:53 PM
I just read the message on John's facebook wall, written by his wife Diane
You will be missed John. You were a great and funny guy.

RIP
Sandra
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:07 PM
I've been dreading this announcement... thanks for letting us know, Sandra.

I liked John. He had a mind for words (in multiple languages) and he sure loved his music. I also appreciated his devotion to PGMusic, and his willingness to counter misconceptions voiced by newbies to the forum.

Put my name on the list of people who will miss John. He made me laugh.
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:09 PM
RIP John. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:13 PM
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for letting us know.

That's really sad news. John's wit was unparalleled. Like Pat, he made me laugh too. I used to love reading his posts. He was also a guy who knew how to walk on the sunny side of the street even though it was pouring with rain all around.

Rest in peace, John.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:25 PM
Sadly, I just read this on Facebook as well. John's wit and always-positive outlook will be greatly missed.

We also shared a lot of personal back-and-forth about brass instruments and the Kanstul company, as John was a baritone horn player.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:25 PM
Sad news. The world has lost a great wit.

Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest, John. You will be missed.

RRB
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:34 PM
John had interesting philosophies and I always read what he had to say. He preserved under great health pressures and often just laughed at himself. He knew the odds, but kept trying to do all the things he loved. Fare thee well.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 07:42 PM
I feared this announcement would come by John's own words. R.I.P.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:21 PM
I always enjoyed my verbal sparring with John. He was an excellent wit and wonderful with words in many languages. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts turn now to his devoted wife, Diane, and to his daughters. He always brightened my day. RIP CCCC! (Crazy Cantankerous Canuck Conley).
Posted By: floyd jane Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:25 PM
John,

You made me laugh even when I had no idea what you were talking about - which was about half the time. I have no doubt that is the case with the angels that surely surround you now.. RIP John Conley.
Posted By: seeker Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:26 PM
One of the last postings was in regards to his "last" trip
covering the factory, with photo's of the workers, friends
etc.
Even with his extreme problems, he shared this part of his life.

R.I.P. John Conley
Posted By: GDaddy Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:40 PM
That cat reminded me of the song, "ALL OR NOTHING OR ALL...WON'T BE CAUGHT IN THE UNDERTOW"...

Extremely bright and sarcastic at times, but I dug that Canadian Cat...I believe he was also born near
where my Grandady...One of Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders...who gained his American Citizenship and the opportunities USA offered to thousands of Canadians....

Anyway, I always had a softspot in my heart for that ol' carmudgeon!!

John, you seemed to basically never miss a beat out of this short but busy life...one who truly knew to "live it every day, baby!

Enjoy the big band in the sky....there's certainly ALWAYS A PLACE FOR A COOL AND DETERMINED HORN PLAYER!
Posted By: Joe Gordon Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:42 PM
John was a "one off"!.............with a wonderful, oblique, sense of humour. He was very helpful to me, through this forum.
He dearly loved his music, and he'll be sadly missed by many of us. So sorry to hear about this, and my thoughts are for his family. Joe G.
Posted By: silvertones Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 08:50 PM
Sad to hear. John will be missed.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 09:01 PM
Aw man.... I enjoyed John SO much..... fly on the prayer-fueled wings of angels, John. You were a great role model to those who had challenges and might have otherwise given up.

RIP
Posted By: Danny C. Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 10:11 PM
R.I.P. John, you will be missed around here.

My thoughts and prayers will remain with your family.

Until Later,
Posted By: jford Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 10:23 PM
RIP, John. We will miss your unique wit. It won't be the same place without you.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 10:33 PM
RIP John. We will sorely miss your wit and humor. I always read your posts knowing it would be worth while. Ray
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 11:46 PM
He will be missed! my condolences to Sandra and the rest of his family!
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: John Conley has died - 04/21/13 11:49 PM
Sad...
Posted By: Tommyc Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 12:21 AM
What a Loss to his Family, and Friends! I will always miss his brand of humor, no one else could ever replace that!
Posted By: Mac Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 12:59 AM
Posting this with great sadness.

Sail on, John.

Gonna miss ya here.
Posted By: Sundance Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 01:25 AM
Gone too darn soon. I'm gonna miss you John. I loved your off the wall wit, courageous spirit and strong character. It's not going to be the same around here without you.

Thanks for letting everyone know Sandra.

So sad.

Thoughts and prayers for his family.
Posted By: RickeG Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 02:14 AM
I echo the sentiments on this board to this point. The funny thing I find about this is how people from all parts of the world can become intimately acquainted with one another. I am sure few of us actually met John pesonally. But, he was a guy that invested his wisdom and personality here to where we all have been touched by his character.

The neat thing also that comes with this medium is that you can go back through past threads to get a chuckle over John's observations and thoughts we would all share together. So, it is almost like those TV shows from the 50's where the actors have long since died, yet you can watch them as if they were still working on the screen.

For my conversations with him, I gleaned a lot from his perspectives on music. My prayers go out to his family. Although it was not a surprise given his preexisting condition; there is still that loss in their lives that we were never wired to experience. No matter how generations come and go we will never conquer it on our own. Only One had come to conquer death. And only in Him can that peace and assurance be found when that day comes to all of us.
Posted By: rsdean Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 02:18 AM
John will be in my thoughts tonight...

Bob
Posted By: carkins Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 03:59 AM
The sadness of his passing will be long overshadowed by the joy and humor he brought to us all.
Thank you John for all you were and all you will continue to be.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 04:55 AM
Very sad news.

John is a much loved member of this forum, and has many friends here. His wit, prose and friendly banter will be missed. John had a great outlook on life, very positive, and always proud to be a Canadian. He showed us how love for family, friends and music are the best things in life. I thank him for all the support and help he has given to the people on this forum, and his great support and suggestions for the software.

Peter

Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Posted By: multitracker Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 05:11 AM
Thank you Sandra for letting us know. I will miss John's humor and outlook on life, and am thankful for the chance of at least feeling like I got to know him through his presence on the forum.

Terry
Posted By: gibson Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 05:57 AM
There will be a large gap in this forum now.
RIP John
Best Wishes to his family at this sad time

Alyn
Posted By: musiclover Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 07:24 AM
Got a shock when I read this sad news, seems like only yesterday when he was posting. My thoughts are with his family.

Will miss you around here John.

Musiclover
Posted By: ROG Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 08:12 AM
A sad loss indeed.

Our thoughts are with his family.

ROG.
Posted By: furry Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 09:08 AM
RIP John sad I never got to meet him when he was over here last year.
Posted By: Lawrie Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 09:18 AM
Vale John Conley

I cannot add to what has been said, but I can, and do, concur.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 10:13 AM
God Bless and Rest In Peace, John and may your Intellect and Wit in Heaven be as sharp and as good as it was here on Earth.
My thoughts go out to his family and friends for their sad loss.
Regards
Ian
Posted By: MarioD Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 01:45 PM
I will also miss John.

RIP Mr. Conley.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 01:53 PM
This place won't be the same without him. RIP John.
Posted By: WienSam Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 03:04 PM
OMG! What heart-breaking news. So sad.

I actually had a 'friendship request' pending for him on FB but he obviously never saw it as he never added me. Thank you for letting me know, Sandra.

My sincere heartfelt condolences to his wife, family and friends.

RIP John - you will be missed
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 03:30 PM
Sincerely, goodbye and RIP John - you left before the CODA.

My best thoughts to his wife and family

(I logged in just for this and I'm out again)

Larry
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 03:47 PM
At the request of one of John's friends, I put a link to this thread on the Facebook post, and mentioned that people here were remembering John.
Posted By: DrDan Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 03:57 PM

Please allow this old catholic to pass on this prayer for our departed forum buddy.

"...Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen."
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 04:43 PM
May we all maintain the sense of humor about ourselves that John demonstrated through his forum posts here, even in the face of fairly critical loss of hearing over a relatively short period of time - based on his forum post content.
Posted By: dcuny Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 04:57 PM
John was clearly a guy who had been in the trenches. When he talked about something, it wasn't because he'd read about it, but because he'd actually done it.

And he was still battling on, each day. Even when he couldn't seem to find the words, he'd post something. It seemed to me that his posts were acts of defiance - he was making it through another day, and fighting on.

John fought the good fight, and set a unique example.

Although the Catholic in my echos jazzmandan's prayer, I can't see John as "resting" in peace.

Peace, yes.

Resting, not so much.

My condolences and prayers to all who knew him.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:00 PM
Sandra and Matt, I would like to go to John's FB page and express my personal heartfelt condolences to his wife Diane. I didn't find him yesterday. How is he listed?
Posted By: Shastastan Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:04 PM
Hope they put you in first chair in the Heaven Band, John.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:18 PM
Don, that's a good question, since I'm not a Facebook expert. His wife posted on his Facebook page, which is simply "John Conley, London, Ontario". I don't know what you may be able to see if you aren't already a friend, but try to find it; you may be able to leave a message.
Posted By: Kevin Woolley Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:22 PM
RIP John. There was something about John's attitude to life we can all learn from!!

Kevin
Posted By: jford Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:58 PM
I just checked (John and I were not FB friends) and it appears that you can read quite a bit on his site, including the condolences listed there, but you can't post unless you are friends (or at least a friend of a friend who has already posted).
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 06:59 PM
Very sad, he will be missed. You could tell from some of his posts he wasn't telling us everything but the indications were there that his time was getting short. I think he was probably the most literate person on this forum. He certainly had a way with words and I for one will miss reading him.

Bob
Posted By: George Nelson Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 07:25 PM
Very Sad News indeed.

He will be in a better place now and giving twice as good as he gets.

My condolences to his family.

Regards
George
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 07:28 PM
My best wisjhes to all of Johns family if you are reading this, you will suyrely be missing this wonderful guy
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 08:18 PM
I couldn't leave a direct message for Diane Conley on Facebook so I hope that she will see this:

"Diane, I hope that you will see this.

John was one-of-a-kind. No one knows that better than you.

John brought a lot of joy to his countless musician friends internationally through the marvels of the internet and PG Music forums in particular. I was always drawn to read his fabulous wit and knowledge of music combined with his constant willingness to help others. That wit and knowledge will leave a void in the hearts and minds of hundreds of his musician friends around the world. That's all that any of us can hope to accomplish in one lifetime. In that sense, John has conquered the world. I am extremely proud to have known and loved him.

Don Gaynor"
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 08:41 PM
Wow - I'm very sad to hear this.

I always looked forward to reading his posts, laughing at his jokes, and really enjoyed reading his stories.

I wish his friends and family the best during this hard time.
Posted By: rharv Re: John Conley has died - 04/22/13 10:42 PM
I am saddened by the news also. So much has already been said.
He was always trying to help in so many ways.
He will be missed.
Posted By: yjoh Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 12:12 AM
My first look in on any forums for a few very busy weeks now and so saddened to read this.

Such a positive soul in horrendous circumstances.

My very deepest condolences to John's family.

Thanks Sandra for letting us know. He'll be missed.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 01:25 AM
RIP John, and our heartfelt condolences to his wife & family....
Posted By: John Whitney Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 02:18 AM
Very sad news. John's music, his unique sense of humor and his perspective on life will be greatly missed. My condolences to Diane, John's family and all of his friends.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 03:09 AM
RIP John, you'll be sadly missed by everyone on this forum.
Posted By: cchallum Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 03:51 AM
So sad to hear of John's passing.....my deepest sympathy to his family.
I learned a lot by reading his posts. RIP John!!!
Cecil
Posted By: lkmuller Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 05:26 AM
RIP, John. The journey's just beginning.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 06:32 AM
Between his numerous forum posts and a handful of pithy private messages I felt like I knew him well, even though we never met. "Ars longa, vita brevis" was his forum signature, which should be a reminder to any of us who need it to do what you can while you can. Bon voyage, John.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 10:10 AM
Condolences to John’s wife and family. We will miss him.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 11:42 AM
Indeed, very sad news. He was a great contributor, always displaying insight and humor. He will be missed.
Posted By: Catherine Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 04:25 PM
What sad news.

John has been such a big supporter of PG Music in many ways. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 06:02 PM
I did a memorial tune in John's memory titled "Tender Adieu" a piano/cello piece. It's the first tune on my SoundClick site. Comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Direct link: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12286951

Posted By: floyd jane Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 06:11 PM
Don,

I'm pretty sure I heard John playing along.... and it was sweet...
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 06:16 PM
John has been a member here as long as I have. Sorry to hear of his passing, but I know he was really going through it with his illness. Lost another good one . . .

RIP

Eddie
Posted By: musiclover Re: John Conley has died - 04/23/13 08:31 PM
I know that John posted a youtube video of himself playing maybe a few years ago, would be nice to find that link now to remember him.

Musiclover
Posted By: cubanpete Re: John Conley has died - 04/25/13 01:47 AM
Thanks Sandra, I just found out. Funny guy indeed. His witty comments will be missed.

Mike B.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: John Conley has died - 04/25/13 02:18 PM
Quote:

I know that John posted a youtube video of himself playing maybe a few years ago, would be nice to find that link now to remember him.

Musiclover

Here's his Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/jconleysr?feature=watch

Guido
Posted By: DennisD Re: John Conley has died - 04/26/13 01:30 AM
Just found out about John. My condolences to his family and friends. I will surely miss his wacky sense of humour and his regular contributions. Rest easy John. DennisD
Posted By: Frank Alves Re: John Conley has died - 04/26/13 02:48 PM
Sad news...his contributions and sense of humor will be missed.

Frank
Posted By: critter Re: John Conley has died - 04/28/13 04:36 AM
So sorry to hear.........always loved his commentary.....R.I.P buddy........
Posted By: RobbMiller Re: John Conley has died - 04/28/13 04:40 AM
While sometimes puzzling, John's post were always interesting to read.

My prayers and condolences to his friends and family.
Posted By: Dan Tong Re: John Conley has died - 04/28/13 06:12 AM
May he live with all of the music that he left us and in the memories of all who knew him, even if briefly, on this forum. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: John Conley has died - 04/28/13 12:19 PM
Sad news indeed, John was an inspiration. My condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: MikeK Re: John Conley has died - 04/29/13 05:14 PM
My prayers and condolences to John's friends and family. John will truly be missed by all.

RIP, John. Make those Angels laugh in heaven and play them a song or two.

Mike
Posted By: Robert Coy Re: John Conley has died - 05/02/13 06:47 PM
I think the number of posts on this thread says it all --We'll all miss him!
Posted By: filkertom Re: John Conley has died - 05/08/13 11:56 AM
Oh man. Just saw this -- how did I miss this? Such sadness. Condolences, hugs, gentle songs, to John's family, and to all of us. He will be missed hugely.
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: John Conley has died - 05/08/13 12:52 PM
Very sad news, he always seemed like a nice fellow. Rest in peace sir.
WSS
Posted By: rkl122 Re: John Conley has died - 06/27/13 04:52 PM
Oh man. I've been away from this site for some time and happened across this. Can't help but express my own sadness, however belatedly. John heard his own drummer, and I'm sure he still does. Play in Peace, John.

-Ron
Posted By: ROG Re: John Conley has died - 06/27/13 05:34 PM
I always respected John for maintaining a positive attitude to everything. His posts were always entertaining and the forum will be the worse for his loss.

Condolences to his family.

ROG.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: John Conley has died - 06/27/13 05:55 PM
R.I.P. JOHN. Ray
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: John Conley has died - 06/30/13 09:29 PM
I guess I've been away too long. I did not know of John's passing. He will be missed. Two months late, my condolences to Diane and the rest of his family.

Gary
© PG Music Forums