PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/19/13 11:40 PM
It is now tearing up Tulsa and expected to hit us hard about 10 pm. I'm safe but very concerned about my wife.

They usually wheel me, bed and all, into a central hallway. It's a cinder-block building so it will withstand a major wind. It's the 500 pound airborne dumpsters that do the most damage.

Your positive thoughts will be appreciated. Tornado conditions are expected through Wednesday night.

So long as I'm okay and still have internet, I will check in.

TIA
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/19/13 11:58 PM
Hope, you all get through it alright. We had a MONSTER of a storm here last night ourselves,

Wishing you, the family and neighbors all the best!
Posted By: RobbMiller Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 04:09 AM
Tornado whistle went off here too. Two funnels one a little more than a mile north and the other a three miles south. Not sure if either touched down. All is calm here now.
Posted By: ROG Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 08:16 AM
Stay safe, Don!

Keep us up to speed.

ROG.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 02:15 PM
Other than very high winds the night, at least locally, was uneventful. Courtyard full of tree limbs but Tulsa really got battered. Our lights blinked frequently but not enough to actually go off. More of the same tonight through Wednesday night. The Weather Channel looks very foreboding.
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 04:07 PM
Got enough Tornado action back in the 70s, stationed at Sheppard AFB in
Whiskey-Tall Falls.

I see the Oklahoma-Texas Soil Exchange Program is still in force.

Hang on, Don!

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 04:47 PM
Rat own, Macster! We joke about going to sleep in Oklahoma and waking up in Kansas due to the perpetual soil exchange program.

Went to gazebo and realized how much I love that "gathering storm" smell in the air. 74F heading to 85F but high winds make if quite cool. Crews with chainsaws clearing debris.

Later, Gatorade!
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 08:25 PM
I've been keeping up with the melee of tornado activity in the high plains also.
My good friend lives about 20 minutes south of Hayes in LaCross (Kansas) and he seemed to be just NW of the activity aloft.

I'll hope all this tornado activity goes bye-bye and no others lose their lives or homes.
Pretty devastating stuff to watch even for a left coaster out here in earthquake turf.

Carry on....
Posted By: ROG Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 09:37 PM
Hey Don!

Oklahoma just made the national news here in the UK. Says a massive tornado touched down about an hour ago. Supposed to be up to two miles across.

Hope you're still safe my old pal.

ROG.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 09:37 PM
OKC, 150 miles East, is being ravaged as I type. The wall cloud is several miles wide. Imagine the impact that could have.

It's moving my way at about 20-25 mph so that puts it here between 10 pm and 5 am. NOAH reports that the next few days are even worse until about 10 pm Wednesday.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 09:55 PM
Yeah, ROG, local news has trackers following it. To see that massive storm coming right down your throat is awe inspiring, to say the least.
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/20/13 10:53 PM
Wow, Don.

Ham Radio Stormwatchers have reported that this thing is not jumping from place to place but, their words, it is apparently staying on the ground and "vacuuming" everything in its path.

You have them strap that chair to the walls in that hall, Don, you hear?

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 12:16 AM
It just passed over my location without touching down so I may be okay until the next wave. The Storm Front is moving East into Missouri at over 60 mph.

Rescuers are digging through the rubble of an elementary school that was totally flattened. Now they say that a second front is forming over OKC.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 02:49 AM
One of my best friends is west and south of OKC, very near Tinker, and due east of Moore where the brunt of the damage was. It ended up about 4 miles from there when it roped out. The Doppler data said it hit 308mph, well into f5. Can you imagine an hour on the ground? And from startup to f5 that fast?

Mac, I don't remember from my time at Fort Silly in Lawton OK, but I did have some friends at Altus. How far were you from Altus AFB?

Lotta years ago, ain't it? I got out of the Army in 73.

Really bad thing happened to me in Wichita Falls. I got married. But as Pat Metheny said, "As falls Wichita, so falls Wichita Falls."
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 04:41 AM
It also made the news here in South Africa,

I immediately thought of you ...

Stay safe bud ....
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
One of my best friends is west and south of OKC, very near Tinker, and due east of Moore where the brunt of the damage was. It ended up about 4 miles from there when it roped out. The Doppler data said it hit 308mph, well into f5. Can you imagine an hour on the ground? And from startup to f5 that fast?

Mac, I don't remember from my time at Fort Silly in Lawton OK, but I did have some friends at Altus. How far were you from Altus AFB?

Lotta years ago, ain't it? I got out of the Army in 73.

Really bad thing happened to me in Wichita Falls. I got married. But as Pat Metheny said, "As falls Wichita, so falls Wichita Falls."

IIRC Altus AFB was about an hour and half drive away from Sheppard AFB.

But I used to get there in just under one hour in my old Sunbeam Tiger. And truth be told, I was kinda slow compared to some of the yanker-bankers in their 'vettes and stuff.

Of course, that was only around twenty minutes by air.

FYI -- The Missile Club is still there, just outside Sheppard, although in yet another rebuilt building, The Missile Club has resurrected itself from every Tornado so far. That little dive is historic among airmen by now. burp

I actually used to lug my Fender Rhodes with the amp on the bottom down to the Missile Club and run the standards from time to time back then. Of course, "standards" there were no exactly the same tunes that were standard back east.

Lay yer head, on my shoulllllllder...

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 03:04 PM
Here we are, bumpin' up against 10 am and it's still 0-dark thirty out! My ears keep poppin' trying to keep up with the barometer and atmospherics. Wild, huh?

(An aside: Irishmen think that Barometer is a system for rating Pubs because every time it rains (or shines) they all head for the nearest one).

At least the ear popping has temporarily cleared my hearing. Wow, I was wondering why the paint was pealing. It's me!
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 03:16 PM
I was a mile away when this F5 tornado crossed in front of me in June 1953. Known as the Beecher tornado, 116 were killed and 844 injured.

At that time tornadoes were unheard of in Flint, Mi. Some folks recalled some high wind in 1937 that blew out some storefront glass. After 53, tornadoes were an annual fact of life in the area. I did a bit of storm chasing in the amateur radio ARES Sky Warn net, back in the day.

Beecher tornado http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/05/oklahoma_tornado_stirs_memorie.html

It is heart wrenching to see the present death and devastation.

Don S.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 03:50 PM
I think death tolls and injuries are being suppressed until this thing is over later in the week. The elementary school that was leveled was full of young folks and faculty. I'm sure that they followed emergency plans for tornadoes but no man-made structure can withstand a direct hit like the one that leveled that fairly new building.

Still dark (like dusk) but now pouring down rain and that electrical smell (Ozone) permeates the air.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 03:50 PM
And that school got hit RIGHT in the face. No glancing blow. My friend said that the Home Depot in Moore has opened the doors to first responders to just take whatever they need. And set up a pet refuge in the parking lot so people can be reunited with their pets.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 04:12 PM
Disasters bring out the best in people. Walmart is giving away bottled water and emergency supplies, batteries (piles to Brits) blankets, hot coffee and food. It's beautiful to see the "community spirit" in action.

I have been called twice by emergency management teams checking on we old folks. Very heartwarming.
Posted By: den_spain Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 04:20 PM
piles to brits?????
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 05:15 PM
Translation: Piles is/are what those crazy Brits call batteries. Some very wise person said: "The United States, Canada, Australia, and Britain are four great and powerful nations divided by a common language!"

The schematic symbol for a battery resembles a stack or pile of electrically charged plates.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Curmudgeon
I was a mile away when this F5 tornado crossed in front of me in June 1953. Known as the Beecher tornado, 116 were killed and 844 injured.

At that time tornadoes were unheard of in Flint, Mi. Some folks recalled some high wind in 1937 that blew out some storefront glass. After 53, tornadoes were an annual fact of life in the area. I did a bit of storm chasing in the amateur radio ARES Sky Warn net, back in the day.

Beecher tornado http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/05/oklahoma_tornado_stirs_memorie.html

It is heart wrenching to see the present death and devastation.

Don S.

Other Don, I sent your link to Val and just received this reply:

"So glad to hear you are safe!!!! Yes I remember the Flint tornado well! We were living in Fenton (a suburb of Flint) at the time and my son was only 4 month old.
I was so worried after that tornado that I fixed a "box" in the basement to put him in should there be another tornado warning. Never had to use it. Thank goodness. Take care!"

I have come to know Val well enough to know that she will never be caught short the second time.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 05:50 PM
Hi Don,

Thank the Lord that you are safe. I had communicated with Val concerning the fact that she presently lives in Otter Lake, Mi. I spent a lot of time there when I was a kid at the home of my elder brother.

Prior to the funnel, the sky in Flint was errie (sp) Somewhere between a green and purple. I was visiting a girlfriend at the time. When that freight train sound came overhead, my thoughts changed from the young lady to an instant and fervent prayer meeting.

Don S.
Posted By: ROG Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 05:57 PM
Still making the news here in the UK, Don.

In fact it's taking up most of the news!

The film footage is absolutely incredible. It showed a family emerging from their shelter to find that the neighborhood has been flattened for as far as you could see. I really hope you manage to keep out of the way of these things.

Oh, by the way, Don, we call them batteries as well these days. Really don't want the piles again.

ROG.
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 06:18 PM
Voltaire was the experimenter who first took cells made from two dissimilar metals and stacked them to form a series battery.

Stacked in series, the voltage obtained was the multiplier of the number of piles.

He called this a "pile" - which is actually quite descriptive, as it was nothing more than a pile of dissimilar metals.

We honor Voltaire with the modern short term for Electromotive Force, the Volt.

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 06:29 PM
Other Don, I was trying to spell Erie too. My spellchecker allowed it. Apparently, it's a big lake up in the Nort' woods somewhere.

I wanted to use it in describing the din (not the din of inequity) hanging menacingly over us. It is still dusk-like dark here. Erie! Very Erie! Superior Erie!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 07:51 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Still making the news here in the UK, Don.

In fact it's taking up most of the news!

The film footage is absolutely incredible. It showed a family emerging from their shelter to find that the neighborhood has been flattened for as far as you could see. I really hope you manage to keep out of the way of these things.

Oh, by the way, Don, we call them batteries as well these days. Really don't want the piles again.

ROG.

At present, it's raining in sheets and the thunder is one continuous roar. The lightning flashes are like several police cruisers parked just outside my window with their strobes flashing. They are preparing us for another long and noisy night.

Re: Piles v: Batteries, dang you bloody conformists! That was how I could ascertain the country of origin of the commenter/commentress. Well, back to the drawing board draughtsman's/draughtsperson's board.

Late news: OKC is getting pummeled again. That's three times in two days. The Native Americans say that when tornado season comes late (it normally in April) it's especially violent and fierce.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 08:07 PM
Many of these homes were thrown up during the oil boom of the 40s without basements our even foundations. Literally built setting on the ground. People with basements or storm shelters are being asked to invite their neighbors in. It's very heartwarming to see peoples' response.
Posted By: ROG Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 10:49 PM
Don - It's coming up to midnight here, so I'm logging off. Hope you have a safe night. I'll check in tomorrow for your latest up-date.

ROG.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/21/13 11:09 PM
Goodnight, my friend. And thanks for your loving concern.

By the by, how's tomorrow looking?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 02:57 AM
"Walmart is committed to serving the communities that serve us every day. That’s why we’re pledging $1 million in cash and in-kind donations to help with relief efforts in Oklahoma."

Thanks, Sam!

Update:

Weather: Relatively Calm; Winds: SW at 2 mph. Temp: 61F/16C;
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Mac
Voltaire was the experimenter who first took cells made from two dissimilar metals and stacked them to form a series battery.

Stacked in series, the voltage obtained was the multiplier of the number of piles.

He called this a "pile" - which is actually quite descriptive, as it was nothing more than a pile of dissimilar metals.

We honor Voltaire with the modern short term for Electromotive Force, the Volt.

--Mac

Mac, I think you mean Allesandro Volta. I think Voltaire was a philosopher.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 03:40 AM
That was what I was taught in Electronics Technology Schools but I hate to contradict the Macster. He normally Wikipedias his answer before posting so he's seldom wrong. I suspect, in this instance, he was trusting to a "leaky" memory and Depends doesn't have nappies (diapers) for that.

We've got to credit the Italians for something!
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 04:09 AM
I thought long and hard before correcting him, Don. grin
Posted By: dani48 Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 06:07 AM

Hi, Don !

I saw the video on utube
Just horrible ! Like
you´d been hit by a bomb ?

I hope you and your closest
are allright !

Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 12:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Edited by Don Gaynor (05/21/13 08:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Crediting Italians for other than spaghetti and the Chinese may actually have invented that. Apologies to Mr Antonioli.

Yes Don the Chinese did invent the noodle/spaghetti but it took the Italians to show them how to make them taste good wink
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 02:03 PM
Here's a musician singer friend living in OKC. She's the daughter of my friend Danny Miller, the entertainer.

"Jennifer Vails Poch

My family is ok, but my broker that I work for lost her home and her 3 horses were injured. I have been working with them trying to save her belongings that were spared and dig through the rubble. Thank you for thinking of me. Have a good night."

(One day soon I hope that everyone can hear Jennifer's beautiful voice. She sings Tennessee Waltz on her Dad's CD - Simply beautiful.)
Posted By: den_spain Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 03:00 PM
LOL ....I'm one of those crazy brits....and trust me...we call them batteries.

Piles are something entirely different......a real pain in the bum (or butt as you would say).

Den
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 03:35 PM
The cleanup has begun today in earnest and the degree of tragedy starts to sink in. Property loss is staggering to comprehend. Loved ones being reported as missing is still growing. Livestock and food-crops have been decimated. And it may not be over yet. We are still under tornado watch (a lower level alert) until 10 pm tonight.

It's the first time I've seen the sun all week. I am going out to the gazebo to assess our damage to the facility grounds and to try to enjoy this break in the weather.

I only regret that I can't do more to help locate the missing.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 04:13 PM
Den,

I had my tongue firmly planted in cheek with that remark. I don't ever intend to offend anyone with my corny sense of humo(u)r and smileys are grossly inadequate. As a retired Electronics Technician I hasten back to the countless schematics that used the, then in vogue, British term "piles" where we Colonials would use the term "battery/ies". It was perfectly clear what was meant but we Yanks would snicker over "piles" in the medical frame of reference. Certainly you have similar funny examples of American-English murdering the King's language. It has been fair game for humor over the centuries. Realizing that, I would never be offended by polite jabs at American-English, so let me have both barrels!
Posted By: den_spain Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 05:42 PM
I wasn't in any way offended Don. I lived in Spain for 12 years before moving to the USA and the Spanish use the term 'pilas'.....or in English of course 'piles'

I am married to a 'yank' and we have many discussions about the different words and phrases. The one that always comes up in convos with other brits is 'fanny'......

Like everyone else Don, I have been watching the devastation in your neck of the woods on the news. I can only add my thoughts to the others here and hope you and yours remain safe.

Den
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/22/13 07:08 PM
Yes, our reference to "fanny pack", the pouch worn over the hip, caused quite a stir in some social circles in Britain.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/23/13 01:10 AM
... and here in Oz
Posted By: aleck rand Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/23/13 03:26 PM
Hi Don,

I hope you and yours are OK and recovery is proceeding. Oklahoma people are used to violent weather, but we're getting tornado warnings every day now up here in Massachusetts of all places - not exactly tornado alley. We got an F3 in western Mass last year - unprecedented.

But those mile-wide wedges are horrifying even from the distance of TV screen. With things like that a potential daily reality, who needs monster movies?

Keep safe

Aleck
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/23/13 04:38 PM
Thanks, Aleck.

Today it's only "Severe Thunder Storms", a very welcome relief. LOL.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/24/13 12:12 AM
Jennifer, in OKC, emailed me to say that authorities are having to turn away the throngs of volunteers. That certainly warms me wee Oyrish 'art. Thank you.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/28/13 04:19 PM
A very heartwarming update

Totally on their own and without fanfare, off duty nurses and staff drove to OKC this past weekend, not on a medical mission but with their grubbies on armed only with shovels, brooms, hatchets, and chainsaws to help their neighbors in need.

They said that license plates from every State and Canadian Province were represented. There was no shortage of food, they were interrupted every few minutes with another group distributing hot food out of their RVs and Pickups.

An OKC friend lost her entire home, horses and livestock. Food crops have been devastated and livestock destroyed. Many folks are still missing and presumed dead but authorities are turning away the throngs of volunteers who, themselves, become a logistics liability.

I want to take this opportunity to say a sincere "Thank you!" (or Canadian equivalent) to all those who came to our rescue. We are ALL neighbors in this shrunken internet world.
Posted By: MarioD Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/28/13 05:10 PM
Don, our news is reporting that volunteers are being turned away, not because they are not wanted but because there are too many volunteers already. That is a good problem to have is it not?
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/28/13 05:12 PM
That's the same news here in GA for volunteers that went to help. And I agree, too many is a good thing in situations like this. Shows that many people still DO care.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/28/13 07:11 PM
A problem comes in when surplus volunteers clog the highways and city streets hampering movement of legitimate emergency vehicles. Unfortunately, some only come to take pictures and to "rubber neck".

I may have spoken too soon. We are being alerted of severe weather warnings late tonight and throughout the rest of the week. There are countless folks living under tarps without adequate shelter and, obviously, with no heat.

73F going to 87F but high winds make it quite cool. I wouldn't want to be under a tarp in a tornado tonight.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/29/13 03:08 PM
Email this morning from our own Val:

"Hope everything is ok where you are. We too had tornado activity in our area. Several areas of damage but no reports of anyone injured yet. Several homes demolished and reports of tornado touchdown just 2 miles from us in Columbiaville."

Looks like "Tornado Alley" has become a eight lane Interstate Freeway (Autobahn). RHarv lives in Michigan too. Check in please, RHarv?

We are still under "Tornado Watch", meaning that atmospherics are right for tornadoes but none are showing on radar. Our night was uneventful and quiet.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 03:05 AM
Quite a light show and constant thunder but this building seems solid.

Applying the military formula of 1000 feet per second between flash and thunder clap, these babies are striking in my bathroom!
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 12:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Applying the military formula of 1000 feet per second between flash and thunder clap, these babies are striking in my bathroom!

Years ago now, was a young research technician part time while studying the art of electronics at university, involved with onsite data collecting techniques as regards lightning strikes. Some of the very early datalogging and computer concepts based on pc's is where I came in.

We found that often it truly was the case that the bathroom of a building or house was the place where one could measure intense fields from nearby or direct lightning strikes.

It was theorized by those more degreed than I at the time that the maze of copper and other conductive piping, whicvh was almost always also grounded at the bottom end, could actually work like transformers when a large strike hit and its resulting magnetic field surrounded those metal pipes.

Interestingly, we also found that the actual strike itself did less than the back-emf generated when the magnetic field around those conductors FELL, creating a large voltage going the opposite direction.

But we did not encounter the extreme plasma effect that we call the lightning bolt, which creates the supersonic movement of air and the resulting sonic boom that we call a thunderclap inside any of the test buildings. That was coming from outside, where the actual lightning bolt struck.

It is sometimes difficult to count those seconds from flash to boom when the strikes are within about the 1 mile radius or when there are multiple strikes happening, which can have us counting for one strike and being interrupted by the boom from another.

I'm just glad I don't have to do those rather complex LRC equations anymore...

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 02:00 PM
Yeah, what Mac said.
Posted By: filkertom Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 05:20 PM
We didn't have anything particular in SE Michigan last night. From my Weather Underground page, at 1:20 EDT, it looks as if Tulsa is just sound of the big squeegee moving across the midwest.

Hope everybody's okay.
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 06:01 PM
"I'm just glad I don't have to do those rather complex LRC equations anymore..."

Ya, they gave me fits too smile

Don S.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 06:51 PM
Chuckle!

Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/30/13 07:18 PM
Tom, last night's news placed me dead center of the red zone. It was wild and noisy but didn't TD, fortunately. We are still under Tornado Watch until 10 pm tonight then bracing for another violent weekend.
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/31/13 02:50 AM
Hope, you guys are getting a break soon!!! Is it over yet?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/31/13 03:17 AM
Thanks, Mike. No, we are still being threatened. Probably another noisy night.
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/31/13 11:39 PM
Watching the news, hope, you guys are alright! Seems like a tornado touched down east/northeast from Ok City and has left a trail of 4 miles wide.

Everyone in this area is in prayers!!!!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/31/13 11:57 PM
Yes, they are calling this monster a Category 5! It's heading our way at about 40 mph which will place it here about midnight.

I worry about my wife, Joanne, being all alone. She's very frightened.

Sky is beginning to look ominous, swirling high clouds, dark and power blinking but, so far, not enough to shutdown my computer.

Positive vibes, please?
Posted By: Mac Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 05/31/13 11:59 PM
Can't talk to vibes, Don, but PRAYER is happenin' over here.

--Mac
Posted By: GDaddy Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 12:46 AM
OKLAHOMA CITY, ETC.
TORNADOS ALL OVER THE AREA, INLUDING ONE
THAT MAY JUST HIT THE TOWN OF "MORE", WHICH WAS
FLATENED LAS WEEK...
MULTIPLE OVERTURNED VEHICLES
INCLUDING TRACKTO TRAILERS.

OUT THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE PEOPLE
OF "MORE"...AND AT THE OCLAHOMA AIRPORT
CITY....

THOUSAND BEING EVACUATED.....

TV AND NATL WEATHER SERVICE NOW REPORTING
TORNADO AROUND TINKER AIRFORCE BASE.

PEOPLE ON I-35 AND I-40 BUMPER TO BURMPER
WITH POPULATION IS PANICING BUT GOING NO WHERE...

DRIVING ON SHOULDER....LOTS OF LOSS OF LIFE
PREDICTED.....

FRIDAY NOGHT AND PEOPLE STUCK IN TRAFFIC WITH BASEBALL-SIZED HHAIL...SIGNS BLOWING DOWN....

STAY OFF THOSE ROADSS...NATIONAL GAURD BEING CALLED!!!

DIRE SITUATION AROUND I-35.....
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 12:47 AM
Prayers and good vibes from my wife and I !!!! You will make it!
Posted By: MikeK Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 12:48 AM
Stay in touch, Don ... let us know you're alright!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 01:51 AM
The wall cloud is expected to hit W Tulsa in about a half hour. News is calling it a Cat 5+! This baby is 2 miles wide and heading right down our throats. Singer friend Jennifer from OKC says it's really tearing things up big time. My friend Hayley from UK say TV is calling this one a "monster storm". They will wheel me, bed and all, to a central hallway away from windows when a strike is eminent. I feel quite secure but worry about my wife, Joanne, who is all alone and scared spitless. She's now being comforted by Canadian cousin Helen and nieces in Seattle and Minnesota until she loses phone and internet.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 06:02 AM
Don, my friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and others in your neck of the woods. Hang in there, you have a lot of friends on this forum, and I'm sure they are thinking of you too.
Posted By: rharv Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 12:28 PM
Keep us posted Don, it sure looks like things got ugly.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: We are under Tornado Warning! - 06/01/13 01:17 PM
Wow, what a night! Halls are flooded due to rain being blown into A/C vents. A very minor cleanup problem. Could have been much worse. Gail-force winds brought large limbs down in courtyard and kept me awake until 3 am when I finally fell asleep. I was never moved to a central hallway so it didn't get that violent.

New day, new threats. More storm/tornado warnings coming from SW. Due here about 5 pm.

I think of earlier days when they didn't have such wonderful warning systems.

Thanks for you loving concern. I haven't heard the death totals yet but there were 3 confirmed dead and hundreds injured by evening news yesterday.

Thanks again, dear people.
© PG Music Forums