PG Music Home
Posted By: mark1 Powerful ! - 01/27/09 01:08 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything - just cant seem to get enough "drive" of late - but I wrote this one for a friend of mine who has a Gospel show here on local Radio.
He has a "catch phrase" that he uses frequently - he keeps saying "It's powerful, just powerful!" (kinda like we would use "Awesome!)
As I said, it's been a while ,so this may not be a great effort, but I hope you enjoy it. As usual any comments /suggestions are appreciated.
It's called "POWERFUL" on the Soundclick link below.

Best regards to all,especially Howard - I hope to post one for him soon.
Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Powerful ! - 01/27/09 01:35 PM
Mark. You've just been experiencing writers block. This is really great. I love the stuff you come up with. And you're singing with your full Irish lilt. I grin when I here you say words like, "Powerful". You pronounce it "Parful". Now you know why I lurk around this site. It's people like you that come up with these brilliant songs. Good on ya Mate. You done good here. God bless you.
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Powerful ! - 01/27/09 05:47 PM
It's fun too. Sounds like you had a good time doing it.
Posted By: toucher Re: Powerful ! - 01/27/09 06:01 PM
Woohoo.....love it. A good old timey tune thats loads of fun to play. I can see myself at a big old-time fellowship meeting with lots of country food, and everyone sittin around pickin and grinin' and singin songs of praise.

Good Job

toucher
Posted By: mark1 Re: Powerful ! - 01/28/09 09:59 PM
Thanks for the much needed and appreciated encouragement folks - I just hope the guy I wrote it for likes it enought to record.
He's already done "He did it all" and now he's doing "In the meantime" on his latest one to be realeased next month - his mother says it's the best song on the album - and the women are always right!
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Powerful ! - 01/28/09 11:04 PM
I'm missing something here.
Where do I click to listen to the song?
Help!
Posted By: Mike sings Re: Powerful ! - 01/28/09 11:20 PM
Citaat:

I'm missing something here.
Where do I click to listen to the song?
Help!

Click on the soundclick-link in Mark's signature and select "Powerful"

That was yet another nice and uplifting song Mark.
Keep 'em comming!
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Powerful ! - 01/28/09 11:28 PM
Mike:

Sorry.
I still don't see any "sound click link".
This is all I see: (minus the line of asterisks but including 4 icons after "Post Extras"

It's been a while since I posted anything - just cant seem to get enough "drive" of late - but I wrote this one for a friend of mine who has a Gospel show here on local Radio.
He has a "catch phrase" that he uses frequently - he keeps saying "It's powerful, just powerful!" (kinda like we would use "Awesome!)
As I said, it's been a while ,so this may not be a great effort, but I hope you enjoy it. As usual any comments /suggestions are appreciated.
It's called "POWERFUL" on the Soundclick link below.

Best regards to all,especially Howard - I hope to post one for him soon.
Thanks for listening.
Post Extras:
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Powerful ! - 01/29/09 01:43 AM
Yep, that is indeed powerful.

Good to hear you again, I thought you had dropped out of sight.

Don S
Posted By: mark1 Re: Powerful ! - 01/29/09 12:13 PM
Thanks fellas - Lloyd try this -
www.soundclick.com/mark1000
then go to "music" and "POWERFUL"
Thank you for making the effort, I don't know why my signature isn't showing at the bottom of your link - GREMLINS!
Posted By: mglinert Re: Powerful ! - 01/29/09 12:29 PM
Well what a welcome turnup. Amid all this doom despair and recession, an upbeat number with an uplifting message. Just for that, thanks Mark.

This is slightly bewildering in the style mix – a folky tune done in a predominantly gospel style with a jazz sax throughout. But it works really well – probably Mark because you have given this song the pre-requisite of any decent piece of music i.e. a good tune.

hmmm ‘was’ and ‘cross’, now that’s not in my songwriters’ rhyming handbook!!

Glad that the writers’ block left no damaging traces!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Powerful ! - 01/29/09 02:35 PM
Mark this is powerful!

Your voice is really strong on this one, the backing tracks were spot on and your lyrics were outstanding. An up tempo old time gospel song with someone singing like they loved both the song and the lyrics was exactly what I needed this morning – Thank you.

You had fun doing this didn’t you!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Powerful ! - 01/29/09 03:59 PM
As per your usual high standard when it comes to spirituals with both a humorous hook and message to boot.

Later,
Posted By: mark1 Re: Powerful ! - 01/30/09 11:07 PM
Just what I needed - I feel the enthusiasm beginning to stir again!
Thank you all so much, and yes, I did enjoy doing this one.
© PG Music Forums