PG Music Home
Posted By: GDaddy Forget YOURS!! - 03/22/14 08:37 PM
Well, in this case, only your Own music collection!?

I have been using X=Box Music Cloud for the past two weeks, and it makes my own CD/33RPM collection look miniscule by comparison!

What has it cost me to revamp and replace my Home-based collection with a fresh, new "CLOUD"... STREAMING to my computer quickly and completely...including details on the artists and their music lives and awards!

My favorite cabaret jazz singer-composers, such as Frank, Tony, Mel, etc., along with their major hit tunes in bigger (band) venues...and my selections are barely scratching the surface of what is available to members of the X-Box Music site.

Actually X=Box owners have even more options for Musical Nirvana, and games, games, games.

And, what did this cost me to stream this data?? "Nada"!

PG reports about 3000 hours of stylish music on the 2014 versions of BIAB, REAL BAND, AND POWERTRACKS. There is more than you'll ever know, if you don't break down and buy 'em!

I've got about 4000 hours of "streaming" original jazz hits...and I picked all these up in the matter of 24 hours...lots of computer time...but, what the heck, my time online is free, free, free...except for my ISP and my high-speed internet connection...

Better believe the 2014 PG program versions are "brimming" with hours of musical concepts and actual jamming from some of the greatest artists...either here now, or in the past! in the past week, I've downloaded and "brought home" to my precious WINDOWS 8.1, a collection of jazz artist recordings that I've long cherished to have...in my abode!!

I don't have a X-Box or a Microsoft "Music Pass" at the present moment in time!...I don't have Zune or I-Tunes...just this gigantic new and wonderful Microsoft Music Cloud!!
"new" library of millions of songs...from the Microsoft Realm...up there in the clouds.

"Windows 8/RT. Using the Xbox Music app, you can match your own music collection to the cloud and create your cloud collection ... for free. This includes albums, playlists, and radio stations. You can also access Xbox Music Store and buy music, which is also added to your collection (and downloaded to your PC). You also get free, unlimited streaming of all Xbox Music Store content for 6 months and then 10 hours of streaming after that."

Between the new windows version, which is getting faster and more accurate every day, and vast libraries flying out of the clouds, this is really a great approach for musicians who can stream their idol's music right into the home or personal studio.

With the flexibility of PG products, to also have the opportunity to create with PG's wizardry, I think there is little left to wish for...

Except for a few more hardware and software toys, more guitars and keyboards, sound modules...etc., etc.,etc.!!
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/22/14 11:37 PM
I just signed in to X Box. Tons of music to listen to for free. Later, Ray
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 12:16 PM
Great!! Glad you have taken advantage of this superior source to obtain original and remastered tunes. In my case, a Treasure Trove for "jazzophiles"!

Hey Matt...thismorning, for my personal "Breakfast Club" Streaming Jazz Library, I streamed myself some Randy Brecker...I'm positive that he's one of your all-time favorites, too!! I believe he was performing with the DR Big Band...what great charts to listen to, and they're still residing on my hard drive's jazz playlists, along with Grover, Sonny Stitt, Toots, Shearing, Bonfa, and the others lists I've created, specifically for jazz singers, but sure to widen as I add all those great Ballads and jump tunes from scores of musicians that I've listened to (but never had the "bread" for purchase)!!

Oh, well...now that I'm 80 and find that God has given me a bit more time to dig the past and present singers, players, etc., that I've "dug" over close to a century of listening to jazz in all it's "forms"

...well, thanks to that great library of classics now made availble at X-Box Music, I can sit back and either just tap my toes to the great streaming I've discovered...or...grab an "ax" and "join in" to my "collection" of "giants" and "giantesses"!

all cascading from me lil ol windows 8 "puter".

Whatta world...Whatta life...I'm in LOVE WITH X-BOX MUSIC FREEBIES!!
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 02:23 PM
I also have signed on with X-BOX. Pretty cool. I've found Jamey Aebersold's collection of play-a-long jazz tracks and am having a blast woodshedding nowadays - for free, if you don't mind an advertisement every now and then. I opted for unlimited, uninterrupted streaming for $9.99 a month.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 02:36 PM
Didn't realize you could dig up Jamey on the site..!!!

Next thing, we'll probably find the ol' MMO (Music Minus One) original 33 RPM's on there, too...for free.

Ain't this a wonderful way to spend some wood-shedding time!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 05:05 PM
In the mid 60s I had a few of those MMO albums by some great studio cats like Bob Wilbur. The Brecker Brothers did make us stretch our minds a bit.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 05:14 PM
GDaddy, you're the inspiration I keep thinking about in other threads talking about Microsoft and all the crabbing about Win 8. There's too many old farts who are much younger than you who are stuck in the pre Cambrian prehistoric time period with antique XP machines who think they're going to keep on truckin with that junk. You should chime in there and tell em all about how crappy Win 8 is (not).

I never heard of X Box Music, now there's something else I have to check out.

You're the bomb buddy.

Bob
Posted By: lkmuller Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/23/14 10:02 PM
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Didn't realize you could dig up Jamey on the site..!!!

Just do a search for Jamey Aebersold Playalong. TONS of stuff come up. Enjoy.
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Forget YOURS!! - 03/24/14 01:52 AM
Now, THAT WAS A REAL FIND!!!!

...SPENT THE EVENING DOWNLOADING LOTS OF GREAT MATERIAL...JAMIE'S GREAT PIANO BACKING TRACKS FOR SURE, AS I LOVE TO SING "THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK!!

AND JAMIE'S "EXTENDED CHORD" ACCOMPANYMENT MAKES YOU REALLY LISTEN TO THE CHORDAL STRUCTURES HE USES TO BACK UP THE SOLOIST OR VOCALIST...OR YOU'LL GET "YOUR BUTT LOST IN A NEW YORK MINUTE!!

SO YOU HAVE TO DEVELOP A GOOD MUSICAL EAR, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ALREADY!!!...OR...YOU'LL GET LOST BETWEEN HIS PROGRESSIONS AND THE SPECIFIC TUNE'S MELODY LINE!!

THE MASSIVE NUMBER OF ALBUMS... THE COMPREHENSIVE SELECTION OF MUSIC IS PROBABLY THE MOST EXTENSIVE I'VE EVER FOUND, IN TERMS OF INCLUDING MOST OF "THE CHESTNUTS" FOUND IN THE BEST FAKE BOOKS!

AND, LOT'S OF ADDITIONAL GREAT ARTISTS ARE INCLUDED, ALONG WITH JAMIE'S MULTI-ALBUM PLAYLISTS, LIKE HODRACE SILVER ALBUMS, THE CATS I USED TO SEE PERFORM LIVE YEARS AGO AT THE SOUETHERLAND HOTEL ON CHICAGO'S SOUTH SIDE...AND ALSO MUSICAL GENIUSES LIKE THEOLONIUS MONK, WHO I HAD THE PLEASURE OF LISTENING TO, MANY TIMES.

AND FINALLY, THE ADDITIONAL HARD-NOSED EXAMPLES AND APPROACHES TO PRACTICING IMPORTANT CHANGES, INCLUDING TURN-AROUNDS, ETC., ARE INVALUABLE!!

AS LAWRENCE WELK WOULD SAY...WUNERFULL, WUNERFULL, WUNERFULL!!!
© PG Music Forums