PG Music Home
Posted By: Mel Maguire Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/01/09 11:44 PM
Hi, when I signed up for the forums I was in a (too) whimsical mood and put in MC Melly etc... - is there any way I can change this? Thanks
You could try sending a PM to "webmaster" and request to change your Login Name. Go to the tab called "My Home and Settings" above.

I don't know any way you can change it yourself. Good luck.
Marry me....wait the wife is ...never mind....

My daughter has a best friend, Melonie...French...we always have called her Melette due to her diminutive size.....which will not strike a power chord...drop the 3rd....
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/02/09 01:35 AM
You could become "The Artist Formerly Known As Whatever It Was Before I Adopted This . . . Symbol Thingie". Yeh. That should get it.

R.
Hee hee! Well, I've mailed the webmaster and we'll see. I feel embarassed to post because it makes the "poster" column really wide and scrunches all the other columns up - I feel like my forum footprint is too large!!!!! That'll teach me to be flippant with handles.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/02/09 03:44 AM
I think you have to re-register using your "new" name. I wanted to do this a few years ago also but understood I would loose all the post I was involved in for the year or years prior. And sense I get paid 10.00 for every post (every five years or so) I sure did not want to do that . . . oh, should have not said that. But as you have just started posting recently and are sort of new, and refreshing I might add, it might not be so big a deal.

Later,
Posted By: Mac Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/02/09 03:48 AM
But, but, but...

What exactly is a Melette?
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/02/09 03:54 AM
The mods rule. Just contact them. See bottom of the page
10 per post? Well, huccome I'm only getting 7.50?

A Melette is a member of The Melettes, a term for me doing my own backing vox. There are 3 regular members - Etta (who has to be turned down in the mix because she always sounds like a man) who takes the 3rd (or fourth) below the melody; Dusty who sings the middle voice (and is most dependable and tuneful); and Tramaine who sings the highest bits and is very loud, occasionally out of tune, annoys the neighbours and drives the rabbits mad.

To hear the Melettes rehearsing :
http://www.melaniemaguire.com/dps/index.php?item=Songs&song=Catch+On+Fire

PS. If anyone knows the rest of this gospel song, please let me know...thanks.
And I thought a Melette was a headless omelette!
sort of like the Headless Omelette rides again?
Mel - I do believe you are rapidly becoming a folk hero in this neck of the woods.

It would almost be a shame to have the MC etc. etc. disappear - there's no missing your posts that's for sure.

Whimsical works for me.

Cheers
Posted By: Mac Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/02/09 02:52 PM
I thought the O'Melette was the Irish spelling.
Posted By: Beagle Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/03/09 06:06 PM
Quote:

Does anyone know how to change my name?

No, but if you hum a few bars I'll join in!!!
Check it out. It's changed! My screen is now back to normal.

Congratulations, Melanie.
Well, there we are. I feel quite sad. All the fun's over... I shall miss 'em. The Melettes that is...
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/03/09 07:24 PM
I kind of miss it already......
I feel bereft.
Kinda like getting cured of multiple personalities and finding you are all alone......
It's like finding out that everyone in the band has resigned and you're left all alone... and then finding out that they all formed a new band, without you.....
Quote:

But, but, but...

One of the Mel-Tones, wasn't it? Of the female persuasion?

Gary
Posted By: Rachael Re: Does anyone know how to change my name? - 02/03/09 08:48 PM
Quote:

But, but, but...

I thought it was what you get when you cross Mel Gibson and Melanie Griffith

To take this thread down even more, be sure to get the beauty tips from Mc Melly Mel and the Mellettes website. Man or woman, they are very useful. I use the clothes peg every performance. Mel's advice to leave them on during performance has caused the audience to triple in size. I still don't get the one about the shoes - I keep trying to get my leg to do what Mel does.

R
When she can lock that leg yoga style behind her head the audience will change..quite a bit....

I for one am too old to try that, heaven knows I probably would break a hip.

I am sure that watching that video pushed my blood pressure up, and I need some wine for the spagetti bolonese I am making for supper so I should have a nip to bring it down...however the image is burned in my mind........
Yeah that placed a video in my head i can't get out! Thanks Mel!?!? LOL

I am still trying to get past the Pic of Mel playing the piano! ...... Is it warm in here?
Quote:

I use the clothes peg every performance. Mel's advice to leave them on during performance has caused the audience to triple in size.

At last! A satisfied customer of my hints and tips! Don't worry about the leg thingy, Rachael, I'm not sure it ever really added to the performance and it's easy enough to just slip your shoes off and give 'em a twirl around your head if the audience is getting restless and ugly...

..restless and ugly....

was that a quote from by bio or a new British soap opera....
heh heh "Restless and Ugly" - Or maybe a rock band name...
Or me early in the morning Beeeefooooore coffee!

Ahhhhh Okay, ... I er got my leg up there, now how do i get it down?!?!?!?!?

Help cramp!!!! oohhh .........
I'll risk an eye, where'z it at?

Trax
© PG Music Forums