PG Music Home
Posted By: JEP Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 11:07 AM
Back from the FAWM challenge (write 14 songs in 28 days). Been a busy month, but I would heartily recommend this challenge to anyone who likes to write songs. BIAB and Powertracks performed flawlessly, and I learnt to use several functions I haven't cared to explore before (time changes, tempo shifts etc). Great fun!

If you care to listen, I'll recommend High Above Everything (country), Plaster of Paris (simply sumptuous), and Magnificent Desolation. You'll find them here: http://fawm.org/fawmers/2132/

Cheers,
Jepster
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 12:39 PM
Pretty cool stuff. I listened to the three songs you listed. Good writing and production. I bet you amazed folks with the production quality for such a very short time (of course, there are some really talented folks hanging out there).

Kevin
Posted By: edbulmer Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 01:30 PM
Cool stuff. Very different, and love those real tracks.

Wish I could write that fast. Only one comment, remember to cut the 4 beat intro. on the sticks.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 04:47 PM
I only managed 9 songs this FAWM. I kind of knew that would happen. I also did a minor re-model to a bathroom this month which cut into writing/recording concentration.

Ed, you'll never know if you can or cannot write this fast if you don't first try it.

Here's my page at FAWM with my 9 songs - 8 of which have downloadable demo songs. No real-tracks used, but Jamstix used extensively as my drummer.

http://fawm.org/fawmers/scottlake

Jepster, I'll have to listen to the rest of your tracks. I have 45 people on my watchlist, about 30 of which met the 14 song challenge, so I have ALOT of music to listen to this next few weeks.
Posted By: toucher Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 05:26 PM
That is some good writing my friend.........love the lyrics in Plaster of Paris. It paints a picture for the listener.
Posted By: toucher Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 05:35 PM
cool stuff here too..........funny, catchy.....sometimes you just never know what a writer will come up with. Good job.
Posted By: JEP Re: Back from the FAWM - 03/02/09 10:55 PM
Thank you all!

There are loads of talented people at FAWM, as it is here. I never thought I was going to reach 14 songs in a month, I've never been close to that before. I made that FAWM motto my strategy: "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club" (Jack London). Sometimes you can hear that, I'm afraid. :-)

Anyway, a great way to learn/test BIAB, and playing with styles and instruments is an inspiration in itself.

Scott, will of course listen through all your stuff!

- Jepster
© PG Music Forums