PG Music Home
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 05:07 AM
Several times while using the forum I was redirected to a Pgmusic Survey. Is it legitimate or a spam/scam?
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 05:46 AM
Never happened to me.
Z
Posted By: furry Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 06:17 AM
Not happened to me neither I usually visit at least twice a day
Me neither.
Nope.... never got a survey while in the forum.

Did you take the survey?
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 09:27 AM
I also never got such a request.
ditto - and I'm here usually once per day

Notes
I also do not get it ...
Maybe a phishing attempt?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 10:30 AM
Got an email late last night from FedEx. They had tied to deliver my package and since I was not home the email provided a botton to click in order to get info on where it could be picked up. I was expecting the package and there was a note on my door that they were there and I did miss them.....

But... damn, late at night without thinking I clicked on the button and my antivirus went nuts!!!!! I know better... Can only hope my systems protected me.

Maybe I will start to get survey from the website now.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 10:33 AM
Thanks to all of you who replied. I was beginning to believe it was chimerical, so I switched to Mifi and the problem disappeared. It turned out to be Cox.net, my ISP. They're trying to sell their (supposed) faster service so obviously they think harassing their customers is the way to sell it.

Again, thanks to all who answered my question.
No surveys here...not ever.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 10:48 AM
Thanks, JazzMan, just for giggles I decided to go one step into the spam and this is what I received.

---------------------------------------
Attention www.pgmusic.com USER

Is your computer, Cox Communications connection, or Firefox running slower than normal? Technical Support is highly recommended.
Please call: 1-855-781-4586 for immediate support.
---------------------------------------

Did I call the number? Hey, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. grin
Posted By: rharv Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/19/14 11:36 PM
So Cox sent you to a PGMusic survey?
That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
I was redirected to a Pgmusic Survey

Oh, it wasn't a PGMusic survey.. now that I look at your link.
Originally Posted By: rharv
So Cox sent you to a PGMusic survey?
That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
I was redirected to a Pgmusic Survey

Oh, it wasn't a PGMusic survey.. now that I look at your link.

Hehehe!
Posted By: Cornet Nev Re: Pgmusic Survey - Spam/scam or legit? - 12/20/14 01:58 PM
OK, as far as your ISP doing that, I would be changing supplier if mine did it.
However regarding spam or as jazzmandan found, downright vicious malware attacks from E Mails, and all because the E Mail purported it came from FedEx.
As a warning to everyone else even if expecting a parcel, think carefully about the so called E Mail sender, have you at any time given that organisation your E Mail address?
Obviously, if you haven't done so, then it can't possibly be them that sent the E Mail, so delete the darned thing!
If they have never been given your E Mail address, how did they send an E Mail to you is the question to ask yourself, and do take it from me, reputable organisations such as FedEx will not, and do not, go searching all the data bases just to find out if you do have an E Mail address.
That applies to most other companies including the banks.

I have lost count of the number of E Mails I have received telling me there is something wrong, or my account is soon to be closed, and please click this link to confirm your details etc. Most from banks I don't even have accounts with, as well as my own bank. All were phishing attempts or spam, as no bank has ever been given my E Mail address, and never will be.
I get UPS, USPS, FedEX and other delivery phishing attempts regularly on my computer.

Add banking account attempts (even from banks I don't have an account with).

And just this morning I got one that said my PayPal account has been suspended and offered a link to click to restore it.

I never-ever click any of those links.

If I thought the message was for real, I'd go directly to PayPal at their normal URL and log into my account.

This time of year, many people are expecting packages, to the phishing scams are going to catch someone off their guard, guaranteed, and the crooks will be very, very hard to trace because your money will be sped through a number of different bank accounts in different countries, each one being more difficult to find anything about.

Never-ever click a link in e-mail, keep your AV software up to date, and practice safe surfing.

Insights and incites by Notes
© PG Music Forums