PG Music Home
What are you folks using to record video?

The operative word is FREE.

I want to record HootenDanny's Hootenanny on Friday, March 13th.

Money is absolutely not an object as long as it's FREE, Nada, Zilch, gratis.
Hi Donald try bandicam. The only restriction on the free version is that a single video file cannot be longer than 20 minutes so you have to have someone to stop and start it every 20 minutes. However the 20 minute restriction is not a bad thing because the files get so BIG. www.bandicam.com.
Actually, it is probably best to stop and start Bandicam after each song. That way the files will not get too big and will be easy to catalogue and upload to Youtube without having to edit in a video editing program. The files go to the bandicam folder with a time a date stamp. You can then just rename the file to "Danny singing Light my fire" and then upload the file directly to Youtube.
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Donald try bandicam. The only restriction on the free version is that a single video file cannot be longer than 20 minutes so you have to have someone to stop and start it every 20 minutes. However the 20 minute restriction is not a bad thing because the files get so BIG. www.bandicam.com.

Bandicam uses Softonic as a D/L site. Be aware that Softonic has had problems with their downloader and viruses. Check and filter your D/L if you use that source.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/331164-do-you-use-softonic-lot-well-means-your-system-danger.html

Regards,

Bob
Originally Posted By: JosieC

Jo,

I wasn't clear on my needs, sorry.

I need a program that will record the entire show UNATTENDED!

The video recorder app will be set up in my room which it probably 75' from the Dining Room where the performers will be. It will not be practical to leave the show to attend the recording so, as an alternative, Bridget is bringing her video camera.

Regardless, I have long wanted to record your SJ shows.

Does the full version of Bandicam have the same 10 minute limitation?

Donny
Hi Donald

I think the premium version does not have the 20 minute limitation BUT be prepared to deal with a pretty big file which is a real pain to try and edit if you want to break it down into smaller chunks or upload to YT. I am sure it can be done but I have not dealt with huge files like this in the past.

If you want let me know I will record it in song size chunks using Bandicam from my side and I can upload to your YT channel or send the files to you via dropbox.

let me know
Josie, please do!

I'll hate myself if I miss this beautiful gesture of Danny and Summer. You are, indeed, a wonderful lady and friend.

Scotty just asked about our weather. It will be 63F and sunny with partial clouds . I suggested a light jacket to Danny and Summer.

Boy, girl, am I ever chuffed. (Brit for excited, hyped).

I expect we'll jam in the gazebo or patio well into the evening.

Thanks, precious, treasured friend.

Donny
Jo, please upload the song chunks to the free bulk storage site you introduced me to. Think it was box.com. Not certain but I have the launch icon still on my desktop.

I'm curious how you'll get "clean" chunks without a lot of audience chatter without a lot of excess editing. I didn't intend to make work or a project for you.

Upon recommendations from www.videohelp.com I just downloaded MW Recorder 15. It's supposed to be excellent and old fart friendly. I'll play with it awhile and then report back.

Thanks again.
Whoa, during install, free became $49 or 50 Loonies. I'm back on the hunt. frown
Don,

I know notta about this site, but seemed pretty good.

Best free streaming Video recorder

Good Luck!
Don, I cannot vouch for anything here, but there is a big list to choose from, and some of these should fit the bill:

Streaming Video Recorders

Hope this assists.

Best
Trevor
Incidentally, from the above list, CamStudio looks promising...
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Jo, please upload the song chunks to the free bulk storage site you introduced me to. Think it was box.com. Not certain but I have the launch icon still on my desktop.

Hi Donald. I am happy to record the live streaming Streetjelly performance from my side. The only disadvantage with this is our Network tends to have "jumps and squeaks" so the video recording will obviously have that as well.

Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
I'm curious how you'll get "clean" chunks without a lot of audience chatter without a lot of excess editing.

I am confused. I am going to be recording directly from my computer screen. I can tell the software what part of the screen to record and exclude the Streetjelly chat screen if that is what you want. Or are you talking about the video that Brigit is going to be taking? The only way that I know of to get rid of audience chatter from that recording is to record audio into a computer directly from the mixer (if Danny is using a mixer). This is obviously complicated but can be done...I don't think you want to do this...
Jo, okay, just record the full screen: We'll have everything that way. I may want to review chat afterwards.

Scotty MAY COME. He doesn't know his client load beyond Wednesday yet.

The door prize is a home-brew of my prestroke stuff. Maybe Danny will add something.

I'm more excited about the acoustic jelly in the gazebo afterwards. That'll be a ball. Only wish you were here with us, Josie! Talk has already begun about "next time". Plan on coming for that one. I'm sure Danny will coordinate date/times with you.

Josie, I feel overwhelmed with love that I hardly deserve. You kids are absolutely wonderful to me.

=====

Ooops, thought I was in PM mode.
© PG Music Forums