PG Music Home
Posted By: ai.goebel Solton MS 40 question - 05/19/15 08:46 PM
I received a Solton MS 40 a week ago and have been immersed in the user manual. I have the MS40 connected via a MIDI to my accordion. I would like to play a song using the soft sax voice for the chorus and then using one of the FS 13 foot pedals to change to the clarinet voice for the bridge along with my accordion. Is this possible? ai.goebel
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Solton MS 40 question - 05/20/15 09:25 AM
I can't answer questions about the device's capability... but if you're asking whether or not it is possible to change patches on a sound module in the middle of a song in BIAB, the answer is yes. This would be accomplished by embedding Midi CC program change commands in the song at the place where you want the patch to change

But it sounds like you want to use the pedal to change patches as a completely stand-alone solution. Whether or not that is possible may be a question for the Solton user group.

But, it's worth noting that most sound modules can use MIDI foot pedals to change patches. Usually, foot pedals will let you scroll through the patches in order. Setting it up so the pedal jumps to a specific patch may require changing the patch order or other device programming.

I know this isn't a very helpful reply, but this isn't a question that is easily answered in a forum.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Solton MS 40 question - 05/20/15 09:43 AM
And welcome to the Forum ai.goebel !
Posted By: ai.goebel Re: Solton MS 40 question - 05/21/15 09:59 AM
Pat Marr, Thanks for your reply. I will try the Solton User group. Al Goebel
Posted By: furry Re: Solton MS 40 question - 05/27/15 03:57 PM
It should be possible to change voices via foot pedal. I have an MS40 as well. It's possible you have to instruct the main menu on the machine to accept foot pedal commands. For it's age, the MS40 is an excellent machine.
Posted By: Benni Re: Solton MS 40 question - 08/28/18 03:20 PM
Is it possible to edit sounds on a MS40 or to change the ordinary?
I want to have more Attac on some the accordionsound.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Solton MS 40 question - 08/28/18 06:13 PM
Hi Benni,

I haven't used the MS-40, but I've seen a few sites selling them that indicate the sounds can be edited.

"128 USER VOICES

The 256 Internal Voices of the MS 40 can be edited by means of the Attack, Decay, Release, Cut Off, Resonance, Tune, Octave and Modulation parameters. The User Voices can be memorized in 128 internal memory locations or saved on Disk, and when in the PLAY mode perform in exactly the same way as the Standard Preset Voices, providing alternative sounds for the making of new Programs or Patterns/ Styles."

https://reverb.com/ca/item/5148594-solton-ketron-ms-40-midi-synthesizer-sound-module-sound-floppy-256-voices-128-user-12-drum

I haven't been able to find a manual online, but I'm thinking you'd start by pressing the Edit Voice button near the top of the device.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Benni Re: Solton MS 40 question - 08/29/18 12:42 PM
Hallo Kent and thank you for the tip. I been in the edit voice map and try to make som changes but i did not get what i wanted.
I did not get any manual when i bought the MS40 so i don´t knowe if it is possible to ad any changes or new sound.
Sorry my English is bad i am from Sweden and i am like 60 year old.
Posted By: Benni Re: Solton MS 40 question - 09/15/18 07:27 AM
Is it possible to increase the internal memory on the Solton MS40?
it can take like 12-15 styles and that´s it.
Can it be changed to a bigger?
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Solton MS 40 question - 09/17/18 09:19 PM
Hi Benni,

I've never used, or even been in the same room as an MS40, but I really doubt it. Most devices from that era aren't very upgradeable.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums