PG Music Home
Posted By: jford Sonar Platinum - 10/24/15 06:24 PM
Just received an E-mail that my Sonar Platinum upgrade is $99 until the end of October. It's been $149 all year up till now. Desperation over their new pricing structure?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/24/15 06:41 PM
No, pretty normal for them to offer a sale once a year before the new product comes out. But of course, in the new subscription model, new features roll out every month and there isn't expected to be a big annual upgrade. Perhaps they kept the old concept of a pre-release sale even though it technically doesn't apply now.
Posted By: KeithS Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/24/15 07:06 PM
I agree with Matt on that, plus I think there is also the fact that the extras thrown in at no additional cost to the early adopters are not going to be included. One thing that the Bakers said on the front end was there were things that would be given to subscribers each month that would never be offered again, or only at additional cost to later subscribers.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/24/15 08:49 PM
EDIT

never mind (un-regard, as we say, my previous post - which is now gone anyway)

Larry

Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/25/15 06:42 PM
John

Was that email an offer from X3 Producer to Platinum? Because if you already have Platinum, like I do, the ANNUAL renewal is $199 not $149 ($149 is upgrade TO price or price of first time admission, as it were)

But if you have Platinum and are being offered the annual renewal for $99 and not $199 I'd really like to know where my email is mad ?

so yea a email offering $99 RENEWAL would be great

Larry
Posted By: jford Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/25/15 07:42 PM
No, I never upgraded X3 to Platinum, so the email was to do the upgrade (basically it's a $50 coupon code good through Halloween to upgrade from X3 Pro to Platinum).
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/25/15 09:43 PM
whew! (thought Cakewalk was thumbing nose at me grin )
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sonar Platinum - 10/25/15 10:53 PM
There's a lot we don't yet know. I upgraded to Platinum fairly quickly but it hasn't been enough time to renew for another year.
© PG Music Forums