PG Music Home
Posted By: swanman In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 12:48 AM
Doesn't sound like it but took me 6 hours to put this sucker together. Need someone to play rythm for me...and lead too for that matter..:) Click when you've got 4 minutes. Tx in advance for any and all critiques...( except for Mac..as I know what he'd say...;)
Posted By: Mac Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 01:38 AM
Hey -- Whose weddin' we playin'?

And since you know what I'd say, I'll let you do my post for me on this thread.

I like the use of the echo on the bridge there, I'll say that much.

Find myself wishin' you'd built a little slower and then let those pyrotechnic fireworks hit at a climax point...

--Mac
Posted By: swanman Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 03:35 AM
eXSACTLY WHAT I THUNK YOUD SAY...;)
Posted By: swanman Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 03:37 AM
You left out the crack about me needing to get my arse back into the woodshed till my fingers are bleeding....;)
Posted By: Mac Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 03:38 AM
Those would be your own words a-talkin' atcha.

My advice is to lissen to 'em.

--Mac
Posted By: Howard Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 12:50 PM
Good playing. I've always like Santana, although he loses me when he adlibs. I have an issue thats probably just me, and thats pick and fret noise. I know you need the volume for the sound you get but it really amplifies the pick noise. I wonder if there are different settings that will eliminate it? All in all I like it, and every thing I've heard from you.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 01:16 PM
IMOER is one of my very favorite rock tunes, period. (Actually, I've always thought of the Brothers as being largely Western Swing with a rock rhythm section.) A very distinctive take with some unusual twists. Nice work as usual.

I think a properly-set de-esser would much reduce pick and finger noise on the original signal. Were it me producing these cuts, I'd also turn down the treble on the delayed signal to help reduce the perceived noise. But it's not me, and that is neither a criticism nor a suggestion.

R.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/04/09 07:57 PM
Quote:

Good playing. I've always like Santana, although he loses me when he adlibs. I have an issue thats probably just me, and thats pick and fret noise. I know you need the volume for the sound you get but it really amplifies the pick noise. I wonder if there are different settings that will eliminate it? All in all I like it, and every thing I've heard from you.

Howard,

Glad to see I am not alone in the pick & fret noise boat.

Nice chops Swanman!

Later,
Posted By: gibson Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/05/09 04:28 AM
Damn that was Gary Moore and I could imagine the grimaces as well !!
Nice stuff mate and, just to be awkward, I actually think the squeaks and sqwarks add to a live feel, heavily compressed etc.
I really enjoyed it

Al
Posted By: swanman Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/05/09 11:57 AM
Tx much, guys. The amp I'm using is a $175 Kustom. Think that may have something to do with it. The volume I'm playing at is so low that you could easily have a conversation while playing. No commpression from the amp or in the mix, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure that the pick and frett noise who go away with practice. Practice, however, is a four letter word in this house....;)
Posted By: MarioD Re: In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - 06/05/09 01:24 PM
Great chops man! I loved the echo.

I do agree with the others about the pick and fret noise though. However it didn’t distract me from enjoying both the song and your chops.

Excellent work here.
© PG Music Forums