PG Music Home
https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-US/devices/eye-gaze-devices/i-15-with-communicator-5/

My dexterity has continued to wane so, today, the VA has ordered an upgrade that will track my eye movements.

The factory representative hinted at a cost of US$16,000. (I don't know how many Loonies, Kopeks, Quid, Yen, DM, Krona or Euros that equals but I'm one happy Irishman).

I think it has enough horsepower to run BIAB!

Donny
Don, be careful not to be around good looking women with mini skirts, you could short the thing out..... grin

Jeaux
Whatever works best, we're pulling for you, Don.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Whatever works best, we're pulling for you, Don.

Matt,

It has two cameras, one rear-facing and one forward. Perhaps I can upload some pics from the gazebo, my favo(u)rite spot on the planet. It got up to 74F yesterday so I spent the evening outdoors for the first time this year. Supposed to be warmer today.

Donny
very cool technology for a very cool dude! I'm happy they value you enough to pony up the cash ! Does this enable you to have real-time conversations?
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
very cool technology for a very cool dude! I'm happy they value you enough to pony up the cash ! Does this enable you to have real-time conversations?

Pat,

Yes. It has scores of built-in common phrases (good morning; thank you; more beer; is it cold/hot in the gazebo?; etc) and it will speak anything that I type in. I can assign new phrases to "hot keys" for one-key recall.

I'm anxious to learn if it is robust enough to run BIAB while I enjoy the gazebo.

We hear a lot about our veterans being neglected and abused but I haven't seen that to be true. Granted, it can take months to get a routine appointment but that is because your doctor will spend a full hour with each patient covering everything in great detail.

As regards funding: My ride, as equipped, is over $40k and they have upgraded my Dynavox a total of four times. Each time a newer model becomes available they upgrade me without my asking.

A lot depends on how you treat the staff. When my tiny 80 pound Physical Therapist was told that I didn't qualify for a tilt/recline power wheelchair she simply went into the showroom and drove off with it. I can cite many similar incidents. The Dynavox rep said: "Don, you certainly have a way of getting things done!"

I have been upgraded to the highest level of care at VA, lacking only dental care.

Donny
Don,

That's a cool machine! Technology is really amazing.

Regards,

Bob
Don that is great news! You deserve nothing but the best technology available today.

Ps - never stop looking at girls in mini-skirts. Actually Don never stop looking at pretty girls wink
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor

Yes. It has scores of built-in common phrases (good morning; thank you; more beer; is it cold/hot in the gazebo?; etc)

What else do you need?!?

A lot depends on how you treat the staff. When my tiny 80 pound Physical Therapist was told that I didn't qualify for a tilt/recline power wheelchair she simply went into the showroom and drove off with it. I can cite many similar incidents. The Dynavox rep said: "Don, you certainly have a way of getting things done!"

I have been upgraded to the highest level of care at VA, lacking only dental care.

Donny

Inspirational as always, Don smile smile
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music

Yes. It has scores of built-in common phrases (good morning; thank you; more beer; is it cold/hot in the gazebo?; etc)

What else do you need?!?

Donny

Inspirational as always, Don smile smile

Will,

You needn't look far for inspiration - Callie is an inspiration to all who take time to know her wonderfully large heart.

Donny
Great story, Don. I'm so glad that technology has been so helpful for you. It is truly amazing what can be done. Now to get it to others in need at an affordable cost.
John,

At the risk of tooting my own kazoo, I have donated my older Dynavox Speech Devices to Illinois State University - Special Needs Music Department for use by music students with emotional and/or physical deficits.

In about 3 months, I'm sending one to a forum friend.

Donny
You're inspirational!
Danke, Guido.

In Oklahoma, we say: "What goes around, comes around."

Alles rächt sich irgendwann.

Herr Donny
Famed gasthous liberator.
© PG Music Forums