PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/09/17 05:48 PM
If you have a registered Focusrite product...

...and in case you did not get the email...

Log in to your Focusrite account, and there will be a code to download and install one of the 4 (your choice) Addictive Keys pianos...

(not sure how long these things last)
Oh man I need to jump on that.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/09/17 10:22 PM
Hrm... I wonder if it's too late to register my Focusrite VRM Box. Its no longer in production, but I love that piece of hardware.

I've got the other three Addictive Keys pianos, and they're quite nice. I couldn't quite see purchasing the Electric Grand, but for free... smile

Edit: They only offered me a 50% off voucher code for selected D16 plug-ins. frown
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/10/17 06:03 AM
The SYNTORUS is free and the rest are offered at 50%
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/10/17 09:02 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
...(not sure how long these things last)

Usually they last for the calendar month when they're featured. But this one has a promising caveat (emphasis by me):

"In addition to the monthly Plug-in Collective offers, we have teamed up with XLN Audio to bring you a time-unlimited offer for an Addictive Keys instrument of your choice. Use the code below to choose from Studio Grand, Modern Upright, Mark One or Electric Grand."
Thanks floyd!

I registered my year old Scarlett 212 and downloaded all the necessary apps to eventually grab the freebie - I selected the upright. I'm new at this and was amazed to note that the download app indicated that the piano download would take 1.2 gigs. Of course I'm ignorant as to the size of the Logic Pro pianos that I currently use for midi super tracks.

Interestingly I found out I'm eligible fot a host of additional free downloads including a gig of loops and many effects. It's all a bit overwhelming given that I'm still learning my Izotope products.

Bud
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/10/17 01:15 PM
are you talking about the NOVATION email? I almost trashed it because I didn't associate the name with Focusrite...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/10/17 01:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
are you talking about the NOVATION email? I almost trashed it because I didn't associate the name with Focusrite...

No, that is a different email - that one is if you have a Novation product registered (sort of the same thing).

The other (original) is if you have a Focusrite interface registered (or unregistered - they want you to register it).

The pianos are nice - and well worth the price (free smile )
I just downloaded the Mark One Fender Rhodes.

Gregg Allman is on his way over and we will be playing it clean boys and girls.

No liquor will be involved.

Thanks for the tip off Floyd. You have no idea what is coming now son.

Attached picture Mark One Rhodes.jpg
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/11/17 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

No, that is a different email - that one is if you have a Novation product registered (sort of the same thing).

The other (original) is if you have a Focusrite interface registered (or unregistered - they want you to register it).

The pianos are nice - and well worth the price (free smile )

well... I have several focusrite products, but I didn't get this offer. But the novation email also showed pictures of Focusrite interfaces, and I was wondering if there was a connection, and this was my invitation to the party....
Posted By: rharv Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/11/17 01:56 PM
Pat,
I didn't see the email either. Maybe it went to spam folder .. but logging in it was obvious.

Thanks for the heads up FJ
Posted By: sslechta Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/15/17 03:17 PM
Direct Link to the collective.... I check it after the first of every month (Outlook Reminder). That's typically when the new plugin comes out. Sometimes it's several days after the 1st.

Plugin Collective
Has anyone actually tried to run the installer? Bombed on my system and I don't have another 45 minutes right now to start it over like they suggest. Same thing happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago with a Studio Grand demo that I had. 2 strikes against XLN for me.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/16/17 12:37 AM
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Has anyone actually tried to run the installer? Bombed on my system and I don't have another 45 minutes right now to start it over like they suggest. Same thing happened to me about 4 or 5 years ago with a Studio Grand demo that I had. 2 strikes against XLN for me.

I installed it without any problem. The installer installs itself and then downloads the piano - which was a 1 Gig download - that took a while and there was a fairly significant "quiet period" between the time the download finished and it finally came back to say it was successful... I got the Studio Grand - on a Windows 7 system. David got the Mark One - don't know what his OS is. J&B got the Upright - they have a Mac...
I wanted the Upright Grand. I have a decent steinway sampled piano in the Garritan Personal Orchestra. I have had two bad experiences with them.
Posted By: Matcham Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/16/17 08:14 AM
I'm kicking myself more and more. I bought a Focusrite audio interface a few years back and never registered it because I figured I didn't need the plugins that came with it. Can't seem to register at this late stage. And now look what I'm missing out on!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/18/17 09:42 PM
rockstar_not: I downloaded the Studio Grand and it installed fine for me. Sounds pretty good.
Posted By: rharv Re: Focusrite Users - Free Addictive Keys - 02/19/17 12:25 AM
FWIW, I grabbed the Mark 1 (pretty pain free).
Nice.
So, I went to run the installer again, as I was instructed to do by the installer itself, and lo and behold, it said there was nothing to do. I picked the Upright, as I have a couple really nice sounding grands. Not sorry at all, sounds wonderful and just imperfect enough to be believable.

-Scott
Gotta say, BTW, the quality of these monthly freebies is really nice. The free reverb from January is now my go-to, built into my project templates.
Guys, I have Addictive Keys installed. The Standalone opens. The 32-bit plug-in dll is in Program Files (x86) but it won't load as a VST plugin for a piano track, it's only recognized as an VSTI alternate synthesizer to Coyote, and I can't seem to have any sounds from a piano track generate from it in BIAB? I'm noob- any ideas? Thanks!
© PG Music Forums