PG Music Home
Posted By: Big john free sound module - 02/25/17 06:31 PM
Maybye someone will be interested in this.

The idea behind the Orion Sound Module plugin is to provide a rompler based on public domain samples that can be used to create royalty-free loops. At first, I made the plugin for my own loop production but I decided to share it with the world in the spirit of giving back to the community that gave me so much. The result is a 3gigs rompler full of great sounds that cover the basics: pianos, basses, percussion, world instruments, analogue synthesizers and modular synthesis. Orion Sound Module sports a simple and intuitive interface made to be easy to work with. The plugin is perfect to sketch out ideas before using bigger libraries that can tax the RAM and CPU very quickly! Now includes 97 sounds!

link http://www.samplescience.ca/2016/01/orion-sound-module.html
Posted By: musiclover Re: free sound module - 02/25/17 08:16 PM
Not saying there is anything wrong with that site or anything, but I do get a bit wary when it wants me to donate first and then asks me for my email address, and that link then led me back to the original page.

Probably is genuine but sure put me off it.

Musiclover
Posted By: Big john Re: free sound module - 02/25/17 08:45 PM
Hi Musiclover

When it asks for donation just put in zero .

Then it emails you the link to download.

I suppose they hope you enter a small donation, but you do not have too.

I downloaded it and all is well.
Posted By: musiclover Re: free sound module - 02/25/17 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Big john
Hi Musiclover

When it asks for donation just put in zero .

Then it emails you the link to download.

I suppose they hope you enter a small donation, but you do not have too.

I downloaded it and all is well.

Thanks Big John, I have downloaded but haven't installed it yet.

I thought first and I am still unclear as to whether you are the developer of this plugin or not, as you mention yourself in the first person in your initial post, but then above you talk about "they"

So maybe you might clear that up for me?

Thanks.
Posted By: MarioD Re: free sound module - 02/26/17 12:31 PM
I would be interested in hearing what it sounds like. Maybe someone could give me/us and overview of its sounds?
Posted By: musiclover Re: free sound module - 02/26/17 06:18 PM
Tried loading it in biab Mario, in a midi track, loaded ok but then crashed biab. I made several attempts to load it again, but same result all the time crashes biab. When it did load seemed to have about 24 instruments in it, no more.

I did a virus scan on the .dll file with Virustotal and one of the the results came back as some sort of adware malware.

Probably a false positive I would think. Though I did restore windows with my acronis backup to be on the safe side.

I think Big John is having more luck than me with this plugin. So good luck to him with that.

Unless someone else is willing to have a go, I will stay clear for the moment.

Musiclover
Posted By: MarioD Re: free sound module - 02/26/17 06:45 PM
Thanx Musiclover. I think I will stay away from this one also.
© PG Music Forums