PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzsax PG music video game app? - 06/26/17 08:01 PM
Does anyone remember a video game app that PG music had?
I believe it was modeled after space invasion games. Music tones would descend and they had to be identified before they crashed.
Is this still around?
Posted By: rharv Re: PG music video game app? - 06/26/17 08:08 PM
I remember it .. I'll look. You may have had to 'upgrade' from previous versions to have it though (so it carried through, like Bonus Paks). Not sure if it is in the current offerings.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: PG music video game app? - 06/26/17 08:13 PM
Thanks for checking it out.
A friend is looking for ear training suggestions and I remember this as being as a great ear training challenge.
Posted By: MarioD Re: PG music video game app? - 06/26/17 09:22 PM
It was called Pitch Invaders! It came with an old version BiaB, which one I don't remember, and it is not currently listed for sale. You might want to contact PGMusic and see if they can either sell you a copy of if it legal to have another forum member give you their copy. I doubt that the later is legal but it is worth asking.
Posted By: jazzsax Re: PG music video game app? - 06/26/17 09:53 PM
Thanks Mario, Pitch Invasion. Works on my new iPad although there is a notice that stating that there may be an update needed.
Posted By: jford Re: PG music video game app? - 06/27/17 12:36 PM
Click on the "Practice" button and you should see both the "Pitch Invasion" and "Music Replay" games. If you look in the PDF user manual, it's on page 411.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: PG music video game app? - 06/27/17 02:51 PM
Pitch Invasion! If someone is interested in this program and doesn't have Band-in-a-Box, we have it available for purchase with the program Musical Arcade: http://www.pgmusic.com/musicalarcade.htm

There's also a free app for this on iTunes! https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pitch-invasion-free/id524774192?mt=8
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: PG music video game app? - 08/22/17 09:44 AM
This reminds me of an old video game sometime in about 1996, it may have been Myst, where to level up the last puzzle on the current level was a screen with slide bars where the game played a 12 note musical passage and you have to move those slide bars to play the passage back. And I think you got 5 tries until the sequence changed. I was out and about and my roommate was playing the game on his computer. When I got home he asked if I could help him, that he had been stuck for 3 hours on this puzzle. He explained to me what had to be done, and I said "Okay. Play me the notes." He said "I am on the 4th try here so let me mess it up once more so you get a fresh puzzle." I said "Nah. Just play the notes." He played the notes, I made a sketch on paper as I listened, and in under 2 minutes he was on to the next level. I would imagine tone invaders might be something similar? Where you kill the invaders by tone matching?
© PG Music Forums