PG Music Home
There exists a program called MusiCorps ( qv ) that provides musical instruments and instruction to returning young men and women from Mideast combat zones.

The program restores their confidence and self-worth.

I was disappointed to learn that my VA hospital is not yet on board so I am in the queue at VA Headquarters in Washington, DC to inquire.

If you visit the site you'll be inspired to see veterans without limbs, mute, or blind playing beautiful music together. We can do something similar while propagating PG software.

http://www.musicorps.net/Home.html

Your thoughts please?

Donny
I think This is the site?

Trax
Yes, that's it. In fact, I learned of it while watching NCIS. I tried emailing Pauley Parret ( Aby ) but I don't really expect her reply.

Getting BIAB into any VA Hospital should snowball into mammoth sales for PG. I encourage all veterans or their spouses to prod their local VA facility and make them aware of MusiCorps. I have my VA hospital checking into it.

There IS strength in numbers!

Donny
Don.
Thanks for the posting. Yes, we're willing to help out for that great cause. I've sent a message of contact to that group, and hopefully something will come of it.
Dearest Dr. Gannon,

Firstly, I'm not at all surprised with your generosity but I didn't want to take you for granted. You are well-loved by your many friends and customers.

I have some related ideas that would be better served by an email message. Check on Monday, and thanks again.

Donny
The start time is 3pm Central Zone ( 9pm London time ).

The direct link to listen on both Monday and Tuesday is:

http://www.watton-radio.co.uk/listen_to_the_radio_9.html

Please be there to show support for a wonderful musician and equally wonderful friend. I call Josie the "Ambassador Of PG Music" and rightly so. She works tirelessly to promote the software.

Donny

PS: The DJ's name is Sid Randell, please tell him thanks. I'm hoping to get a lot more radio exposure for BIABers. If you can speak British, that would be good.
Just learned that my and ROGs collab will be used as a segue into the second hour. It's a musical tribute to Mother Maybelle Carter, "Th Queen of Country Music", simply entitled "Maybelle". I laid the rhythm bed ( with BIAB, of course ) and ROG added his tasteful guitar tracks.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=songinfo&songID=13352813

Thanks ROG.

Donny
Just heard from Professor Kim McCord Illinois State University, creator of the top-rated Special Needs Music Program in the US and she volunteered as a Teaching-Artist. Dr. McCord will be teaching BIAB and RealBand. She will definitely give wings to MusiCorps.

Donny
Our VA hospital doesn't seem to be on board. The people I e-mailed don't know about it but are looking into it.

What I do for the vets is this. Every year we play at the VA hospital about 60 miles away. We play a show in the nursing home section where the wheelchair bound vets live.

We have a good time playing for them, and after the gig we have a good time talking with them. Some of them know us from year to year and it's great to see them again.

It's a small gesture, doing what we love to do, but we feel good about brightening up an afternoon for the men and women.

Notes
I would have guessed that you would do that for our veterans.

Thanks so much.

Agreed, finding a contact party at MusiCorps is difficult. Please PM me if/when you contact someone.

Professor Kim McCord of ISU has already volunteered to teach and Dr Gannon will donate software. Collectively we can really make a difference for our "Wounded Warriors". Danny Campo will donate his entire gig income for November that he normally donates to surviving mothers of fallen soldiers. He's a wonderful human being who operates in silence "...not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing."

Thanks for everything you do, Notes

Donny
© PG Music Forums