PG Music Home
https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/music-theory-made-easy-with-theoryboard-30-10-2017/
What a great idea! Very visually rewarding to look at too. Thanks for sharing!
We'll have to wait and see if it replaces my 'Rudiments of Music Theory' book...
It's crazy what the power of Kickstarter can do! smile This one looks especially nifty!
Won't even try to describe on how many levels I hate toys like this. Kids don't learn how to play anymore because of stuff like this. They learn how to push buttons as taught by a manual.

Two thumbs down. They take someone with no knowledge and training and teach them phrygian and mixolidyan mode scales?

I have yet to see anything like this that does not assume some basic knowledge is already in place. We got into a chord structure discussion here once and everybody said "You just need to know that a major is 1-3-5." Okay then. What's a 1? What's a 3? How do I know when to use those black keys? To know 1-3-5, you first need to know whole step and half step. Whole step and half step is implied knowledge to understand 1-3-5. WE all know whole steps and half steps, but someone who has never been exposed to music doesn't, so how much good does 1-3-5 do them? And this device relies a lot on that kind of implicit knowledge, if that 15 minute demo is a true depiction. I saw this thing as yet another fast lane shortcut to kids to be cranking out their electronica and background loops for the angry, gloomy, racist, sexist lyric-based music of today, most of it with language that would appear here as **********.

I'll pass on this one.
© PG Music Forums