PG Music Home
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Oh My... - 11/25/17 02:15 AM
I just downloaded my BIAB 2017 upgrade... from my 2009 version.
Wow... I didn't recognize it. What a change!!!
That being said, I had a song done in about 20 minutes. I'm in love.

There's a few simple things that I have to brush up on... I'm waiting on the manual laugh
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Oh My... - 11/25/17 02:17 AM
Thought you'd like it.

You have the manual already, in the Help menu. It's better this way, since it is searchable.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Oh My... - 11/25/17 07:15 PM
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the upgrade to 2017! smile
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Oh My... - 11/26/17 04:28 PM
Aw man, I may have to do this now.....
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Oh My... - 11/26/17 08:18 PM
Eddie, are you serious - you don't have 2017? Almost time for Christmas for you...
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Oh My... - 11/27/17 03:34 AM
I'm jealous. lol

Hopefully I'll be upgrading in January.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Oh My... - 11/27/17 03:40 AM
Go on Eddie. You know you want it. grin
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Oh My... - 11/27/17 12:10 PM
I'm stoked to hear you're enjoying it! Can't wait to hear the tunes to come up with smile
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: Oh My... - 11/27/17 01:54 PM
To be quite honest, unlike just about everyone on this forum, I have never been a big fan of all the "real" stuff that BIAB comes with. My main use for BIAB is to lay out the chords, drum tracks and bass tracks. BIAB cuts down a lot of work and time for me. That and the fact that it's bass and drum lines are fantastic.

Once that's done I send it over to Sonar where I can change those patches (instruments) for some of my favorite patches on my hard synths. I can also edit them and add more tracks with different instruments and finally add my audio stuff. Like I said - I'm probably the only one here who doesn't use Real Drums or Real Tracks in my music. But that's just me.

My point is, I explained all of this to PG and inquired about whether I could upgrade only the BIAB software... no Real Tracks, Drums etc. Just BIAB and styles. Also, I told them that my last version of BIAB was from 2009. When they got back to me with "yes I could, yes I can" I was overjoyed. I was able to upgrade 7 year old software with the only part of the program that I use for $79.00 USD. Fantastic price that is bundled up with unsurpassed customer service and relations. Kudos, PG!!!

Bobby
Posted By: MarioD Re: Oh My... - 11/28/17 11:47 AM
Originally Posted By: bobbyt9999
To be quite honest, unlike just about everyone on this forum, I have never been a big fan of all the "real" stuff that BIAB comes with. My main use for BIAB is to lay out the chords, drum tracks and bass tracks. BIAB cuts down a lot of work and time for me. That and the fact that it's bass and drum lines are fantastic.

I rarely use the "real" stuff in my music either. I'm mostly MIDI. I do use RTs/RDs in others music. These are people who want to record for their friends and family. RTs and RDs can be a lot faster.

Once that's done I send it over to Sonar where I can change those patches (instruments) for some of my favorite patches on my hard synths. I can also edit them and add more tracks with different instruments and finally add my audio stuff. Like I said - I'm probably the only one here who doesn't use Real Drums or Real Tracks in my music. But that's just me.

That is my workflow also. Like I stated above I rarely use them in my music so no you are not the only one.

My point is, I explained all of this to PG and inquired about whether I could upgrade only the BIAB software... no Real Tracks, Drums etc. Just BIAB and styles. Also, I told them that my last version of BIAB was from 2009. When they got back to me with "yes I could, yes I can" I was overjoyed. I was able to upgrade 7 year old software with the only part of the program that I use for $79.00 USD. Fantastic price that is bundled up with unsurpassed customer service and relations. Kudos, PG!!!

Bobby

Yes you can get the basic program without most all of the RTs and RDs. But be sure to check the extra $49 disc that they throw in sometimes. They may also contain some super MIDI tracks that you may want to purchase.

Ps - It is nice to see other MIDI BiaB users on the forums. It seems that here we are in the majority but in the outside world we are the majority.
© PG Music Forums