PG Music Home
Has anybody purchased the Hook Theory I and II books from this website ? They sound interesting to me - would love your opinion, or alternative options if you have them. One of my other favorites in this genre is "Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles", by Dominic Pedler. As a guy whose ear is pretty bad, this books has helped me find and practice the more important progressions, helping my ear.

As always - thanks in advance for sharing your hard-earned knowledge.

Hook Theory Website
Hey Joe, I said, "Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?". Sorry, couldn't resist that old lyric.

I've visited the site in the past and played with their hook tools but have not made those purchases. They do seem to be legit as far as what they offer.

You may be able to dig up some old posts here on the forums by searching for their name or website.
Originally Posted By: Joe V
Has anybody purchased the Hook Theory I and II books from this website ? They sound interesting to me - would love your opinion, or alternative options if you have them. One of my other favorites in this genre is "Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles", by Dominic Pedler. As a guy whose ear is pretty bad, this books has helped me find and practice the more important progressions, helping my ear.

As always - thanks in advance for sharing your hard-earned knowledge.

Hook Theory Website

I have used various free and demo features of theirs in the past, and have seen it discussed and dissected endlessly on various forums. My understanding is that this website, as well as all the tools and products they offer, are absolutely brilliant and unique, and will give you an entirely new perspective on songwriting, chord progressions, and music theory in general.
I'm in !!! Thanks for your review. It's a pretty modest cost.
© PG Music Forums