PG Music Home
Congratulations to my brother Oliver Gannon for his appointment to the Order of Canada on Dec. 29, 2017.

As many of you know, Oliver Gannon is my brother and a great jazz guitarist. He has also worked with PG Music programs over the years on programs such as Band-in-a-Box. Although he has made many great contributions to our programs, his main work is his own musical career.

Oliver was recently appointed to the Order Of Canada in recognition for "his achievements as a musician."

The Order of Canada is one of our country's highest civilian honours, and recognizes outstanding achievement, dedication to the community and service to the nation. 125 New Appointments to the Order of Canada were announced on December 29th, and on the list is Oliver Gannon for his achievements as a musician and for his contributions to Vancouver’s jazz scene - CONGRATULATIONS!

If you're interested, the complete list of the 125 newest appointments to the Order of Canada list here https://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=17061&lan=eng
There's also a bio of Oliver here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Gannon

To be clear and avoid any confusion.... there are two brothers... Peter Gannon is the "Band-in-a-Box"/PG Music guy, and Oliver Gannon is the jazz guitarist who just won the Order of Canada.

Congrats big brother!

Peter Gannon
Well done OG !!! Congrats on the award.
Congratulations OG on your appointment to the Order of honorary Canadians.
What a sensational and well deserved achievement.
Sending absolute congratulations to Oliver.
Congrats to the Gannon family on your brothers award.Obviously a very musical and motivated family.To be recognised by your country is such a great honour,Hugh
Congratulations Oliver,

Hi honor and well deserved.
A great honour.
A well-deserved honor, Oliver. Kudos.
Quite the accomplished family! Congratulations!
Congratulations. That'quite an honor.
Congratulations - well done!!!
Congratulations! That's an outstanding accomplishment. What an amazing family!
I'd like to add my congratulations as well. What an awesome and accomplished family!!!
What a great honor! Congratulations!
Congratulations and definitely an honor that will past down through the family generations!

J&B
KUDO's to and for Oliver!
Larry
What an honor. Congratulations!

Regards,

Bob
That is outstanding. Congratulations to your family, Peter.
Many congratulations to Oliver on this tremendous achievement.
Wow!
I've listened to Oliver's music. and he certainly deserves the accolade.
Congrats

Oh, and he plays with me on a few songs eek
This is very cool! A nice way to be honored for your life's work.

The list itself is an interesting read. The variety of work and professions is "refreshing". Honoring so many from such a wide range - Nice to see something positive these days.

I did not know that William Shatner was Canadian!

Congratulations, Oliver!
Congrats!
A life well done to receive such an honor.
cool

This is so cool and so awesome!

Just to be clear.

PG Music won the Order of Canada and Oliver Gannon is now in charge of PG Music??

Was I reading closely enough or do I need professional help?

No seriously that is awesome. Congrats to the whole family and the the whole country!!!!!
hi Congratulations to peter and family great accomplishment well deserved oliver is a great talented man well deserved thanks eric
Very special honor to receive. Congratulations to your brother...
Please extend my congratulations to Oliver on this accomplishment. As a BC "boy" I have heard Oliver "live" a few times at the cellar, and with Pacific Salt. A well deserved recognition. Brought back a few old memories as few of the players he is associated also sat in with our swing band a few times. DennisD
Congratulation! What a musically gifted family. Wishing you both even better things in the years to come.

Alan
I think he played on one of my songs!!!

Of course HE doesn't know that....
© PG Music Forums