PG Music Home
Hello all

I recently tried out the new BIAB video tracks feature on the song "The Paradox of you". Here is a link to the original post in the user showcase http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=450119#Post450119

FJ suggested I did a blog post on how I went about putting this together so here it is.

How to use the new BIAB 2018 "videotracks" feature

Comments and alternative suggestons are, as always, very welcome.
Joanne,

Your January 2018 blog is great! You've put it together really well and explained everything simply and with lots of clarity. I found it an excellent read, and very informative.

Regards,
Noel
Enjoyed reading the blog on creating your video track. I experimented early on but only with a signle track. I never even had the idea to include myself in the video. You did a great job.
Hi Joanne

What a great post .
Thanks so much for your how to include external video, that was an eye opener for me.
I am off to look at NHC video pad.
Loved you song . great music nice vocal and your own harmonies.
All in all a very plesant visit.
Best regards
Mike
This is awesome, Joanne! It is extremely informative and precise. I don't think I'd be able to do this any better. Thanks for making this, and sharing it here smile I can imagine this being extremely useful to many users.
Nice job writing this up, Joanne...

Seems like it would be a great template for anyone else trying to do this. Appears to be a bit of a juggling act, but you make it look "doable" and nice that you are leading the way on this...

Will be looking for "the next one"...

fj
Hi Joanne. A very useful presentation. It will make the whole process of trying it out much easier. I noticed a bit of a lag in the video tracks (sort of jumping), and I assume that is related to the system linking the video to the music in BIAB? Also, where do you put your photographers light? I could do with a bit of that as well! What a great idea!
I really enjoy your blog posts! I saw your use of the RealTracks in the user showcase and it was really cool to see someone on the forums putting them in to action. I think you did a really great job on them, and I love how you documented the experience in your blog post. Thanks so much for always putting in so much time and effort and love in to Band-in-a-Box.
Noel - Thanks for reading it. We hope to see some more video tracks on the forum soon

Charlie - I would think that to include a video of yourself WITHOUT using an external video editing program would prove a little more difficult than my method. You would need to edit your own video very precisely (so that it starts at exactly the same time as the video Realtracks) before importing into Band-in-a-Box.

Mike - Thanks and let me know how you get on with NCH Videopad. To me it is a very powerful video editing program and lets me doing everything I want to do to make music videos.

Deryk - Thanks and I hope it will inspire others to try out this great new feature.

Floyd - Thanks for suggesting I do a blog post. I don't think I would otherwise have through of doing it. It was indeed a bit of a juggling act. In retrospect, I think it would have been easier to include all 6 video tracks in one video out of Band-in-a-Box and to leave a "blank space" to drop in the video of me recording vocals at a later stage (using my video editing software). I hope you try it out and I will definitely be doing more.

Lambada - yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video. Tou can imagine that it somehow has to be coherent for MY choice of chords, key and tempo. Blows my mind actually and I think they have done an amazing job.

Ember - It is me that should thank you guys at PG Music for all the dedication in bringing us the VERY best in music generation software.
Lambada - You asked about my photographers light. I have it on the shelf just above my head. (I will post a photo shortly). My research into better lighting revealed that actually you need THREE lights. One on each side at about head height and one behind you pointing at the wall so get rid of the shadow!! I dont think you need these expensive photographers lights though. You can get away with mounting normal desk lights and using LED type globes.
Ta muchly. I bought NCH Videopad along with a load of other NCH stuff (debut, switch, mixpad, wavepad etc etc) and now that I'm finally starting to use Videopad, my code is out of date. I always upgrade to get the latest versions, but 6 months comes around too quickly and then you have to re-purchase. It may be time to flick some of their products like mixpad and zulu.
Lambada you shouldn’t have to repurchase? I never have. Maybe contact them first. The “free” version does eventually run out but once you have bought it you should be good
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
yes I think the "jumping" is because PG music would somehow have to splice together millions of pieces of video of the original artists into one video.

Joanne, you did a really great job of demoing this feature but this video jerkiness, along with limited selection of tracks, makes this new feature a non-starter for me. I'm sure it was a lot of work to produce but honestly, I'd much prefer to watch you and your guitar and listen to your lovely voice! The jerky, hands-only videos are just a one-off novelty IMHO.
If you keep upgrading, you'll find that after 6 months you have to purchase the next 'upgrade'. It's a good idea to download the versions you get within the 6 month period so that you can use the latest upgrade for free. Then if you upgrade and can't use it except in demo version, you can go back to a version that your code still works for. It's worth trying all different combinations as well because the prices vary depending on what you purchase with what. I decided to drop Mixpad as I'll never use it. Some of their products are free if you use non commercial versions. I had to get the new Videopad and debut programmes but at a discounted price. Videopad has gone to Version 6, so no free upgrade. I see now they are offering a monthly / Quarterly upgrade path for Videopad as an option.
Lambada - Thanks for explaining this. I guess I have never upgraded... never paid for anything except the initial purchase.
© PG Music Forums