PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) - 01/31/18 03:08 PM
Announced at 2018 NAMM trade show:

This is a small, lithium rechargeable battery powered wireless system created to replace the TS unbalanced guitar cable. The signal is 32 bit depth at 48Khz sample rate over a fifty feet (15.2 meter) range. +++ HERE +++
Posted By: MarioD Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) - 01/31/18 05:38 PM
This wireless system looks very interesting. I didn't see what the cost is but if it is reasonable I can see a lot of guitarist buying one.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) - 02/01/18 10:34 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This wireless system looks very interesting. I didn't see what the cost is but if it is reasonable I can see a lot of guitarist buying one.

GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable! :-)

But if the price *IS* reasonable this could also be used to reduce cable clutter in a small studio.
Posted By: lambada Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) - 02/01/18 11:05 AM
Nice
Posted By: MarioD Re: Wireless Guitar Cable System (Web Link) - 02/01/18 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: MarioD

GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable! :-)

But if the price *IS* reasonable this could also be used to reduce cable clutter in a small studio.

I know that GAS cares nothing about whether or not an item's price is reasonable BUT UNFORTUNATELY MY WIFE DOES mad mad grin grin
Cool but...it's only one plug. I run my keyboards in stereo and many times I double rack so that's four and the thing is bulky enough four of them may not fit on my mixer but it's worth checking out for sure. I see they have two types and one looks like it goes straight in to a plug so if it's thin enough maybe four could fit on adjacent channels on a mixer. Love the concept.

Bob
looks interesting, and you can take care of the old vocals while you are it, by buying this,

https://vintageking.com/josephson-c725

Or this one

smile
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Cool but...it's only one plug. I run my keyboards in stereo and many times I double rack so that's four and the thing is bulky enough four of them may not fit on my mixer but it's worth checking out for sure. I see they have two types and one looks like it goes straight in to a plug so if it's thin enough maybe four could fit on adjacent channels on a mixer. Love the concept.

Bob

Bob, the plug is able to rotate around the body 220 degrees and the body is close to the same thickness as the plug so I would not expect much trouble inserting multiple units side-by-side.

The manufacturer is Cherub Technology which markets products under the brand names of Cherub, Nux and Musedo.

I ran across the wireless cable while investigating an acoustic guitar amplification system. +++ The GT-6 +++ is a 3 band EQ with tuner and built-in reverb, chorus, delay and wide effects available online for less than $20 US.

They also have the +++ WMT-940 +++ digital tuner with LCD that has the capability to display the finger positions of 372 guitar chords.

The company has been in business for more than twenty years. Heck, they even make a +++ mechanical metronome +++ , how cool is that?
Jim

How about

https://www.tonewoodamp.com/

Larry
Nice Larry,

Yamaha has the +++ TransAcoustic +++ series of acoustic guitars that can mechanically add reverb and chorus to the guitar sound. Yamaha has sold this series for a couple of years.

Creativity knows no boundaries.
© PG Music Forums