PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Space Oddity - Starman Out For A Cruise - - 02/09/18 04:03 PM
I understand a loop of David Bowie's "Space Oddity" played for about twelve hours before the battery drained.

I love this photo so much I've made it my desktop's background screenshot.

[img:center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/4raofh15nm2zlvg/Starman.png?dl=0[/img]

What a driving trip this will be as Starman cruises until eternity.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Space Oddity - Starman Out For A Cruise - - 02/09/18 05:18 PM
Thanx Jim. I have a NASA picture theme and this fits in perfectly!
42 seconds in looks vaguely familiar.....

Heavy Metal - Soft Landing - 1981

One of my favorite rock movies when I was a teen.
He'll probably eventually pass a Starbucks. But out there, it won't be a coffee shop, it will be an inter-galactic currency exchange store. wink

Notes
Amazing how well fantasy can emulate the look of reality, isn't it. Difficult to believe that movie scene was created more than thirty five years ago.

I didn't know the "Don't Panic" displayed on the Telsa dashboard video screen was a nod to the television show Dr. Who until I read it.

There is also a miniature laser disc that has the complete Isaac Asmov Foundation trilogy imprinted on the disc along with pictorial diagrams of how to make the laser disc playback machine.
Wow - I remember watching this 10+ years ago. Definitely thinking I'll have to revisit this one soon smile
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I didn't know the "Don't Panic" displayed on the Telsa dashboard video screen was a nod to the television show Dr. Who until I read it.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

© PG Music Forums