PG Music Home
Knowing the operator as intimately as I do, he's my first suspect.

I'm working in BIAB and trying to drag an mp3 into the "Drop
Zone". As I recall, there should be some indication that the mp3 was actually loaded into BIAB. I see no such indication.

Yes, I read the manual to no avail.

If anyone is familiar with the "Drop Zone" please jump in and edify me right in front of everybody.

I'm sure that the solution is something very simple but I'm feeling very stupid.
Don,

Are you wanting to export a SGU song file as a MP3 or wanting to import a MP3 file into Band-in-a-Box?

Have you tried using the menu commands as an alternative method to see if the menu selections work?

I don't believe the drop station can be used to import into BiaB. I believe the drop station is only for exporting out of BiaB.

If your exporting have you used file explorer to browse to bb/DragDrop to look if any files are in the sub folder?
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Don,

Are you wanting to export a SGU song file as a MP3 or wanting to import a MP3 file into Band-in-a-Box?

Have you tried using the menu commands as an alternative method to see if the menu selections work?

I don't believe the drop station can be used to import into BiaB. I believe the drop station is only for exporting out of BiaB.

If your exporting have you used file explorer to browse to bb/DragDrop to look if any files are in the sub folder?

Jim,

Perhaps my memory is failing but I think that I remember dragging an .mp3 and .wav to the drop station in v2017. I'll try your suggestion later today and report back.

Thanks,
BRAVO!!! It looks like the problem is being addressed in patch 510. Downloading now!

PG ROCKS ( But they talk funny, eh? )

Welp that wasn't the answer. Guess I wait till Monday then call Support.
Tuesday. Monday is a holiday for them.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Tuesday. Monday is a holiday for them.

Thanks, Matt.

I have a bit of free time this weekend so was hoping to have this solved before Monday/Tuesday. If the Drop Station works for you, it may be wise for me to try a complete reinstall. I chose to load everything to my computer so it's possible that a critical file became corrupted in the process.

If you're using 2018 for Windows, will you please check if Drop Station works for you? Report on this thread.

Thanks.
Hi Don, I tried dropping a MP3 into the drop box and it does not work. Clicking on File/Open Special/open audio does work.

Good luck.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hi Don, I tried dropping a MP3 into the drop box and it does not work. Clicking on File/Open Special/open audio does work.

Good luck.

Mario,

Am I correct in thinking that Drop Station is supposed to allow dragging audio files into BIAB? IIRC, it worked in v2017. Leave it to be the Irish to bus' stuff up!
Don,

I don't use Drop Station but I've always rightly or wrongly thought that it was only a one-way street. It's purpose is to get files out OUT of BIAB as either some form of audio (wav, mp3, etc) or MIDI.

My understanding is that by dragging to the appropriate sector on the Drop Station grid, a particular type of file is created. This file can then be found in "bb\DragDrop". I have never tried dragging audio into BIAB using this.

I just tried dragging an external mp3 over to the Dropzone and it doesn't do anything.

=========

TO CHECK THAT DRAG N DROP IS INDEED WORKING, try running through the following....

Quote:
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.... check that under "Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup", that you have Coyote WT installed.

Dragging and dropping requires a VSTi/DXi synth to be active. See #2, #3, #4 and #5 on IMAGE 1 below.

I'd also click on #6 and set the AUDIO DRIVER to MME (the default installation now sets this to WAS).

After the above, try creating an MP3. Below is what I did to accomplish this.

1. I left-clicked on the "Master" track.

2. Held the mouse button down.

3. Dragged the mouse to the mp3 sector in the Drag 'n' Drop zone.

The mp3 sector of the DnD zone, first turned orange to show that I had dropped the information successfully. It then turned green to show that the mp3 had been created. (See the two 'mp3' DnD zone images below. These are labelled IMAGE 2.)

I also tried dragging the 'Master' to the plus sign in the middle of the Drag 'n' Drop zone.

When I did this, a dialogue window opened and let me choose what audio format I wanted to save. (See IMAGE 3 below of the dialogue window.)

Best regards,
Noel

Description: IMAGE 1... setting Coyote WT as the default VSTi/DXi synth.
Attached picture coyote WT default setup.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2... drag 'Master' to mp3 to create compressed audio of entire song
Attached picture drag n drop mp3 audio.JPG

Description: IMAGE 3... Drag to '+' sign to get choice of output audio format
Attached picture drag to plus sign for audio dialog choice.JPG
Don,

As a check on the above, I've just loaded BIAB 2017. That version of the program also doesn't let me load audio files into BIAB by dropping them on the drop zone.

Lastly, when I checked back to 2014 through the pdf manuals, there was no mention that audio could be brought into BIAB via dragging it onto the drop zone.

It would seem that if this process worked, it was by serendipity and not by design!

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Don,

As a check on the above, I've just loaded BIAB 2017. That version of the program also doesn't let me load audio files into BIAB by dropping them on the drop zone.

Lastly, when I checked back to 2014 through the pdf manuals, there was no mention that audio could be brought into BIAB via dragging it onto the drop zone.

It would seem that if this process worked, it was by serendipity and not by design!

Regards,
Noel

Noel,

Now I am even further perplexed.

After discovering that Coyote didn't install, I did a complete uninstall/reinstall ( read 2+ hours ) only to find that still no Coyote!?

Additionally, my boot-up speed went up from about 40 seconds to 225 seconds.

I think, rather than running BIAB from my computer's C Drive, I'll have to to run it from the BIAB USB external drive.

I don't even know how to formulate an intelligent question for the Support staff.

I don't know what else to try.
Don,

That's really strange. I don't have an immediate answer for what you are experiencing.

I'm heading off to work now. When I return this evening, I'll have a look at the install options on 2018 and see if I can offer some more advice.

Back in touch in half a day,
Noel
This is yet another thread in the wrong forum. It's a Biab question so why is it here in the Off Topic forum?

I'm really, really not trying to be a total dweeb here. If this is a real Biab issue, don't you think other Biab users who may have never looked at the Off Topic forum might want to read about it?

Bob
Bob,

No argument here. Sometimes I try to reach those friends who know me and my limitations best. It's difficult to change trains this far into the journey.

My only option would be to quit posting. I would do that rather than to offend anyone.
Don,

Just checking...

When you say that Coyote WT hasn't installed, I find myself wondering if maybe it's installed but just hasn't been activated.

To doublecheck this...

1. Open "Options | Midi/Audio driver setup"

2. Select "MS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on the IMAGE 1 below)

3. Activate "Use VSTi/DXi Synth" (#2 on IMAGE 1)

4. Click on the "VSTi/DXi Synth Settings" button if the VST window doesn't open (#3 on IMAGE 1)

A new window will pop up....

5. Now select "Default Synth" (#4 on IMAGE 2) in the window that opens.

6. Click on the drop down menu (#5 on IMAGE 2)

7. Check to see if Coyote WT is in the list. If it is, select it (#6 on IMAGE 2)

Description: IMAGE 1... MIDI/Audio Driver Setup
Attached picture coyote wt 2018 1.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2.... Adding a softsynth
Attached picture coyote wt 2018 2.JPG
© PG Music Forums