PG Music Home
Posted By: HearToLearn Curious about songs of interest here... - 02/26/18 05:48 PM
I may be working a on a project that could consume a bit of time for a while, however there is a chance that won't happen as well. IF it doesn't, I've wanted to work on putting a song together.

That got me thinking...is there any interest in a specific style of music that isn't heard here that often and/or it's of interest.

As a general rule I prefer to write more radio-friendly music.

For me, I was considering New Country, NuMetal/Rock, crossover Americana/country, pop...I'm kind of open. lol

I would love input from ya'll. smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 02/26/18 08:17 PM
This is my opinion and others may not agree but if you are a hobbyist and/or not trying to make a ton of money then play what YOU want to play.

I played in wedding bands for years playing whatever the customer wanted. Now I'm retired from playing out and I'm going to play whatever I want to play. YMMV
Posted By: rharv Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 02/26/18 08:35 PM
I always like new interesting rock, but that's just me.

Especially the odd time or counteringmelody/overlaying type stuff. It's the Off Topic forum so I assume you can use whatever you want and aren't limited..
For me personally you didn't really mention anything there in terms of music styles that would right away make me go "don't change the channel" if I'm honest, but I'm really with Mario on this one - Do you! cool
Since I saw the movie O'brothers, I fell in love with deep North American music. Hear these little girls sing nursery rhymes with honeyed melodies and chords that made the soul vibrate. So there the songs they played (in front of the mayor), this bluegrass ...... yum yum, honey in music!
Since that day, I am desperately waiting for one of you to give us a delicious song of the same kind, I am sure it will be "Radio Friendly"
We don't hear a lot of metal, reggae, or hip hop in the showcase. All genres of music I'd love to hear more of smile Granted, I think it is just because the majority of showcase posters aren't particularly interested in these genres. Which is a-okay, of course!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 03/01/18 10:07 PM
I'd like to hear a new country radio song.
You could also change a song's genre with Biab. From R&B to Country etc . ..

Trax
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
We don't hear a lot of metal, reggae, or hip hop in the showcase. All genres of music I'd love to hear more of smile Granted, I think it is just because the majority of showcase posters aren't particularly interested in these genres. Which is a-okay, of course!

Hey Deryk, Janice and I are working on a reggae tune to post soon as we last posted one (Rewind Me) almost two years ago. Time do fly. I think over the years well posted four. And they were all fun projects.

Bud
Posted By: MarioD Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 03/03/18 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
You could also change a song's genre with Biab. From R&B to Country etc . ..

Trax

This is one of the fun things I do with BiaB.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 03/03/18 05:04 PM
ELECTRONICA! I even use Band in a Box for some of it…
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Curious about songs of interest here... - 03/03/18 08:39 PM

I've done Blues, Reggae, Rock, Country, New Age, Celtic, Dance, Bluegrass, Jazz, Sea Shanty's, Historical Songs, Ballads......I've even done a bloody Tango. grin

I'm sure you could do Metal and Hip Hop with BIAB easily. The only limitation is your imagination.

Regards,

Bob
I am going to respond to the OP first, and just say this:

One of my favorite genres is indie/indie-folk, and would love to hear more in the user showcase along those lines. I mean, if we're going to get in to specifics I know that indie is technically supposed to be anyone who is not signed with a major record label (re: independent artists), but I find that the "indie genre" of music that has been born has developed a very specific sound.

For me, I would love to hear something in the same vein as The Decemberists, Passenger, Steam Powered Giraffe, or Florence + The Machine.

I also wouldn't mind challenging people to come up with something like Oh Land's style of pop. That could be an interesting challenge!

But at the end of the day, people need to do and play what makes them happy! I bet it's fun experimenting with other genres, but what you wanna play and what speaks to you comes first.

------------

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Hey Deryk, Janice and I are working on a reggae tune to post soon as we last posted one (Rewind Me) almost two years ago. Time do fly. I think over the years well posted four. And they were all fun projects.

Bud

That's exciting! I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with. Reggae is definitely really under represented in the showcase right now, so this makes me happy to hear that you guys have something else in the works.
© PG Music Forums