PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Update on the RV adventure - 03/01/18 08:54 PM
So today my plans had a setback. I don't know if I mentioned that I had laser surgery on my eyes last month. I had a follow up today and it wasn't good news. Now we move forward to treatment option 2, which is injections into the eyeballs. It is a series of 3 monthly appointments where I will get a shot in each eye. After that, if my eyes continue to get worse, the last option is steroids. Right now I am 20/30 in the left and 20/60 in the right.

If none of those work, and my eyesight continues to degrade, I will have no options and that will effectively kill my plans of living in the RV. I can't be driving that truck around, towing a car behind it, if I can't see.

So there's the update. I am already cringing from the thought of what I can get out of that used RV if I have to abandon the dream and stay put. Bummed, but not giving up hope.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/01/18 08:59 PM
Wishing you Good Luck Eddie.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/01/18 09:32 PM
You're in our prayers Eddie.

Good luck.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/01/18 09:55 PM
Praying for you too Eddie.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 12:33 AM
Keep your chin up, Eddie
Posted By: musiclover Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 07:29 AM
Best of luck Eddie, I'm sure things will work out the best in the end as every cloud has a silver lining.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 11:13 AM
OK, Eddie.. from where I stand, you must be the last real man.
Seriously.

You're facing a needle coming toward your eye with the intent of piercing it... 3 times each month.... each eye....

but the thing that makes you cringe is the financial hit of selling the RV? DANG!

I'd be huddled in the fetal position wearing bullet proof contact lenses...

Best of luck to you my friend, and please keep us posted.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
You're facing a needle coming toward your eye with the intent of piercing it... 3 times each month.... each eye....

Actually you have the frequency inverted. Once a month for 3 months in each eye. But still, yeah, a needle in the eyeball. What's the old adage about things not being so bad? "It's better than a poke in the eye?"

But yeah, the cheap Slovenian in me HATES the though of losing a lot on a resale!!

Worst case for me, Pat, is that I have to stay in a sticks and bricks situation where I am not driving a truck around from place to place and if that happens I will revisit buying a house in a better weather area. You and Jim might have a new neighbor if I can find an area that I don't have to sit with a rifle on my lap every night to keep the criminals out of my house.

I have faith enough in karma that this will work out for the best! And if it doesn't even the worst is not that bad. Despite the loss of money on an RV resale. I'll still be alive!

Remember.... LOVE. It is in every Slovenian.

Right next to the "cheap"!!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 02:19 PM
Thanks to ALL for your thoughts and encouragement. I plan on rocking right through this!! And rolling out in an RV as soon as possible.

It was 56 here Tuesday. Today, Friday, I have 4 inches of snow. And it's wet snow so it's hard to shovel. So it's going to sit right there until it dies from natural causes. Supposed to be back to the 40s later today and the whole weekend, and i have nowhere I need to go. Let the Domino's Pizza delivery driver worry about snow when he brings me dinner about 6pm!!
Posted By: sslechta Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/02/18 02:28 PM
Good Luck Eddie! Time to find a good, sturdy woman to drive you around the country! smile Best wishes.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/04/18 02:32 PM
So sorry to hear that Eddie. Thinking of you and sending prayers upwards for sure.

Stay well my friend.

PS: Some great advice from Steve I might add.

Later,
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/04/18 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your eyes. I hope that the injections work for you so that you can still live your RV dream!
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Update on the RV adventure - 03/07/18 01:06 PM
Wow, what a downer Eddie although it could just be a temporary downer. If these procedures work then you're on the road. If not then it's Plan B.

Keep positive, none of those negative waves Moriarty!

Bob
© PG Music Forums