PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/04/18 05:21 PM
It appears Yamaha has modeled a 32 Bit GM Soundfont based from their Tyros Keyboards.

You can listen to it here and it is by far the BEST GM Sounds I have ever heard.

Demo Page

You're Welcome wink

Trax

**** I think it was made for Van Basco Midi Player. Will it work inside of Biab? Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/04/18 08:01 PM
Trax,

Thanks for posting. That sounds incredible. At US$39.95 (16 bit) it sounds like a bargain.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/04/18 10:53 PM
more information...

I bought the BLACK TYROS GM EDITION sound fonts.

I then downloaded and installed the 32-bit version of VSTSynthFont (1.096).

http://synthfont.com/Downloads.html

VSTSynthFont loaded into BIAB's 'default' VSTi synth slot fine.

When I opened the TYROS General Midi sf2 file, though, BIAB froze. I left it for a couple of minutes and then used CTRL+ALT+DEL to close BIAB.

When BIAB was re-opened, and I reloaded VSTSynthFont (and opened the Tyros sf2 file), all was good. MIDI tracks generated and the instruments were automatically assigned correctly.

At the moment, though - and this does not affect program operation, I cannot close BIAB without getting the Windows error "Your application has stopped working". I'm currently trying to isolate what might be causing this.

I'm just passing this information along in case it's of use to someone.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/05/18 02:20 PM
hi noel had same problem not with your new purchase just the stock fonts that come with it however i increased buffers on sound card 1024 to 4096 better results but sometimes biab don't like it eric
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/06/18 06:11 PM
Since it's a soundfont won't it work in Sforzando? The Tyros is an awesome keyboard, if this can work I'll be all over it.

Bob
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/06/18 06:19 PM
Hi Bob,

I don't think this one'll work with Sforzando, unfortunately. Sforzando only supports SFZ format, this soundfont appears to be SF2 (slightly different).

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: MarioD Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 03/06/18 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Bob,

I don't think this one'll work with Sforzando, unfortunately. Sforzando only supports SFZ format, this soundfont appears to be SF2 (slightly different).

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

But SFZ will convert SF2s To SFZs.

If I were to purchase these soundfonts I would use a soundfont player. There are a few of them out there. Personally I will not buy this as SF2s are old technology and other sound sources are much better. Plus there are a number of GM SF2s out there for free that sound really good.

If you are using SF2s get a soundfont editor:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/Viena.shtml

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2013/03/13/polyphone-free-soundfont-editor

That way you can replace individual SF2s and/or create another GM SF2. When I was using SF2s I had a number of SF2 sets. Many were GMs but some were instrument specific like and orchestra, or all brass etc.
Posted By: Bones McCoy Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 07/15/21 06:39 AM
Anybody know where I can find this Yamaha modeled 32 Bit GM Soundfont based on the Tyros? Or is there there now an even better GM soundfont set?
Posted By: jford Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 07/15/21 09:53 AM
I get a security warning on the link MusicTrax provided in the initial posting.

Other than a Google search not finding where you can obtain this soundfont, I did find +++ this +++ review of the soundfont. Looks like it's been around for awhile (at least since 2017).
Posted By: rharv Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 07/16/21 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
It appears Yamaha has modeled a 32 Bit GM Soundfont based from their Tyros Keyboards.

You can listen to it here and it is by far the BEST GM Sounds I have ever heard.

Demo Page

You're Welcome wink

Trax

**** I think it was made for Van Basco Midi Player. Will it work inside of Biab? Thanks

FWIW I got a security warning in my browser from your link, and looking into it revealed a bad cert with a different domain name. (?)
So I'll hesitate for now.

Just a courtesy heads up to others as a security thing, nothing against OP
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 07/17/21 11:30 AM
Hey thanks for posting this Rharv. I was going to download this but now...not so much.

Jeff
Posted By: rharv Re: Black Tyros 32 bit GM Soundfont - 07/17/21 11:36 AM
I'm hoping someone can post a better link, wouldn't mind checking it out myself.
© PG Music Forums