PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/17/18 08:18 PM
McCartney Number 1
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/17/18 09:57 PM
Sensational. It is great to see that this man's talent hasn't diminished.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/17/18 10:09 PM
Good stuff. "Come On To Me" (single from the album) doesn't sound like anything currently on pop radio. Go figure.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/17/18 10:24 PM

Eh! It's just these old farts thinking they can write a song! Blah! I don't want nothin' to do with it!

These old people don't know nothing about makin' a beat and making a hit song!

What does he know, Eh? And who does he think he is, Floyd Jane or something???? Next thing you know he'll be calling himself Beatmaster or Hear to Learn! Or Bud!!!! Or Janice!!!!! In a dress!!! Just sounds like more old people noise to me!!!!!

Humbug!!!!

He'll never amount to anything, this Paul...whatever his last name is.

Bet he records in Reaper!!!!!
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 09:10 AM
HA HA !!!Good one.

All the best Paul, and that's it I'm getting Reaper.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 10:19 AM
David, that is funny.

FYI - Paul played with John in the famous band The Bottles:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hale+and+pace+beatles&&view=detail&mid=409DE44103D3F97164F7409DE44103D3F97164F7&&FORM=VRDGAR

On the serious side it is nice to see that real talent is still acknowledged.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 01:30 PM

Funny!!!
Posted By: musiclover Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Eh! It's just these old farts thinking they can write a song! Blah! I don't want nothin' to do with it!

These old people don't know nothing about makin' a beat and making a hit song!

What does he know, Eh? And who does he think he is, Floyd Jane or something???? Next thing you know he'll be calling himself Beatmaster or Hear to Learn! Or Bud!!!! Or Janice!!!!! In a dress!!! Just sounds like more old people noise to me!!!!!

Humbug!!!!

He'll never amount to anything, this Paul...whatever his last name is.

Bet he records in Reaper!!!!!

I wonder has he bought the licence to Reaper since I believe for hard up musicians you can keep using it, just a five second nag screen at start.

Probably we will never know, but according to this he was or is a Cubase and Pro Tools man as well.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-the-long-and-winding-qa-242714/
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 08:32 PM

So this article essentially says that Paul McCartney sits in front of his computer all day fiddling and fooling around and totally wasting his time in Cubase and Pro Tools with plug-ins and loops, just like.....

Us!!!!!

Wow! We are in some good company MusicLover!!!!!!

smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/18/18 10:22 PM

So this article essentially says that Paul McCartney sits in front of his computer all day fiddling and fooling around and totally wasting his time in Cubase and Pro Tools with plug-ins and loops, just like.....

Us!!!!!

Wow! We are in some good company MusicLover!!!!!!

smile
Pur-fect. Yep, them Bottles were quite the band.

This is a funny thread.
Way to go Paul! I read an article recently stating this is his first number 1 in something like 35 years. I never really doubted, but nice to know the man's still got it smile
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/20/18 03:56 PM
I watched the concert that he did at NY's Grand Central Station the other night on YouTube. He still puts on a good show. That being said, we have to realize that he's 76 years old now and it's understandable that he doesn't have the voice that he had when he was younger. But it was/is still great to watch a true legend doing his thing.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/20/18 06:06 PM
I saw him live about seven years ago in Pittsburgh. He is phenomenal. A truly magical human being. He connects with the audience like NO ONE I have ever seen.

A guy proposed to his wife near the front row, and Paul had the camera zoom in on the ring and all of that and stopped the show and said:

"So are you going to say yes??? Please don't make me sing 'Love Me Do'" or something like that. Then she said yes and they kissed and he congratulated them and dedicated the next song to them. The coliseum went nuts.
I saw him live about seven years ago in Pittsburgh. He is phenomenal. A truly magical human being. He connects with the audience like NO ONE I have ever seen.

A guy proposed to his wife near the front row, and Paul had the camera zoom in on the ring and all of that and stopped the show and said:

"So are you going to say yes??? Please don't make me sing 'Love Me Do'" or something like that. Then she said yes and they kissed and he congratulated them and dedicated the next song to them. The coliseum went nuts.

Ah - the magic of music smile I love hearing about stuff like this! My parents have told me many times about when they saw him in the 80's. He really is a special human.
Posted By: bobbyt9999 Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/21/18 07:12 PM
He did a concert here in Quebec, Canada back in 2008. There were over 250,000 people there... it was an outdoor show. I bought the DVD and was blown away. The show went on for over 2 1/2 hours non stop. Simply amazing.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Paul McCartney scores a number 1 - 09/21/18 08:04 PM
We’ve listened straight through a couple of times. As one would expect, some Beatles, Ram period McCartney with a dash of Wings. And there’s the obligatory but not IMO hint of modern pop. Well worth your time.

FWIW, etc.

Bud
© PG Music Forums