PG Music Home
Took the drone and dash cam up the Mississippi River a bit on Saturday to catch the flooding and foliage. Flooding is going down and foliage is about another week or two to peak. Drone flight was difficult with 30-40 MPH winds. Even the birds had a hard time landing on the 2nd half dash cam footage.

Great Video Steve, even though the situation in the subject matter is quite terrible.
Thanks Trevor. Although the mighty Mississippi is a big river that cuts vertically though most of the U.S., most folks live out of the way of it's flood plains on higher ground. There aren't too many people that get displaced when it floods. There are floodgates, locks and dams all throughout its many miles.

Explore Locks & Dams - Experience Mississippi River

Mississippi River Photos - Public Facebook Group
Great videos! It's been a couple of years of hell for those living around rivers and/or in hurricane or tornado areas. Up here in New York State we average around 1 tornado every 5 years. This year we have had 4.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Up here in New York State we average around 1 tornado every 5 years. This year we have had 4.

Ugghh. I'm lucky on that front as I live on a bluff about 10 miles East of the Mississippi. Apparently it was where the river ran thousands of years ago. Most stormy weather that approaches this bluff flies up and over us. The one unlucky time was in June when a microburst tore our old tree off 20 ft. up:

Tree Damage after heavy storms blew through
Wow - that is some gorgeous footage smile Like VideoTrack said, some of it is heart wrenching, but you certainly know your way with a drone.
Awesome footage! Thanks for sharing!
Nice video, Steve. I think you know I'm originally from St. Charles, MO - not far from you. Glad there was no significant damage to life and health. I've spent a few nights at the Pere Marquette Lodge. Nice!!!

Take care and be safe.

Alan
Yup, we've stayed at the lodge a few times. The cabins are nice there. It's a good place to get away from the city. Nice to hear from you sir.
© PG Music Forums