PG Music Home
Posted By: Rutabago Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 09:52 AM
Hi
I recently downloaded the Vocal doubler but it wouldn't work. The forum told me that's because it's 64 bit. If that is correct I believe that PG Music sells software to convert from 32 bit to 64 bit. I don't know what it is called or if this would allow me to use the doubler. ...Hank
Posted By: MarioD Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 10:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Rutabago
Hi
I recently downloaded the Vocal doubler but it wouldn't work. The forum told me that's because it's 64 bit. If that is correct I believe that PG Music sells software to convert from 32 bit to 64 bit. I don't know what it is called or if this would allow me to use the doubler. ...Hank

The program you are looking for is called jBridge:
http://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm

It does not convert 64 bit programs to 32 bit ones. It is a wrapper that allows 64 bit programs to run in 32 bit software. It will work for most 64 bit programs.

I can't test this for you as I am still not able to see the Vocal Rider on my DAW. I am in communication with Waves about this.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 10:53 AM
Yeah... jBridge only works for wrapping 32 bit applications so that a 64 bit OS can use them. It doesn't work the other way around.
Posted By: Rutabago Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 11:52 AM
Thanks guys
That's what I want, 32 bit to 64 bit. Has anybody in the forum used Vocal Doubler with jbridge?....Hank
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 12:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Rutabago
Thanks guys
That's what I want, 32 bit to 64 bit. Has anybody in the forum used Vocal Doubler with jbridge?....Hank

Then of course... there's the old way. You actually record two vocal tracks (or more) and layer them as needed. You simply have to pay attention to the phrasing and get them as close as possible.... waaaa laaaa, you have vocal doubling.

Resist the temptation to clone or copy top get doubled tracks.

BTW: using the cloned method or the plug in FX you get pretty precise vocals to work with regarding the doubling. BUT.... when you take the time to record 2 or more tracks, the result is better since none of them are exact duplicates of the other. Those small differences make all the difference in the world.
Posted By: jford Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/02/18 01:05 PM
Quote:
Yeah... jBridge only works for wrapping 32 bit applications so that a 64 bit OS can use them. It doesn't work the other way around.

Actually, per the jbridge web site:

Quote:
Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case.
Posted By: Rutabago Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/03/18 11:55 AM
Thanks guys.
I will try the singing it twice, if I don't have success with that, I will spend the bucks. Perhaps it will be useful later....Hank
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Getting the 64 bit thing. - 11/03/18 01:00 PM
The best solution is to actually manually sing again to double the vocals. It's what the pros do and can be accomplished in any recording software that allows multitracks.

Not to say there's a preference of one software vocal program over another. That's a personal choice. My personal preference is to purchase a product such as SyncroArts VocAlign

In this case, the software is aligning actual recorded tracks and that's not the same as artificially creating additional tracks to double. It simply saves a lot of time properly quantizing and synchronizing the audio tracks. I think it will yield better quality and better sounding results.
© PG Music Forums